What would u do in my situation?

Have a one month old baby and a toddler. I cant sleep in the daytime because my toddler drives me up the wall and will totally tear my house down. and at night my baby doesnt sleep much. i think she's too young to follow a schedule. when i finally have time to sleep and theyre both sleeping, I GET INSOMNIA! its soo frustrating. i breastfeed so i cant take sleeping pills. HELP!

fefe87

Asked by fefe87 at 8:30 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm so sorry and sympathize with you. Just remember that it WILL get better. The best advice I can give you is to get sleep whenever possible, try soaking in the tub to relax for a while if possible before bedtime (maybe you could pump milk and have SO or a friend come over and help with a feeding or two so you can sleep every once in a while.) Good luck. :)
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 8:35 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I would sleep when I could. I would not worry about the house work. If you have a DH/SO. I would pawn the kids off on him and go sleep. I would say to him good your home. I am going to take a nap, bye.

Answer by louise2 at 8:33 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Do you have a family member or friend that could come over during the day so you could catch a nap?
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 8:36 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• You CAN take OTC sleeping aids, BUT, I would only do so if there were another adult present in case either kid wakes up and you're too groggy to take care of them. Is there ANYONE who could come hang out for a few hours while you took a nap? Do you cosleep/are you open to the idea of cosleeping? I know that my babies slept better in my bed with me, so if it's something that you're open to, cosleeping might help you.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:31 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I had a very similiar problem. I didn't know what to do, so if I couldn't fall asleep, I would at least lay there like I was sleeping. That let my body (and eyes) rest for a bit. It's obviously not the same as sleeping, but it's at least some kind of rest. Good luck!
    jacksmom1225

Answer by jacksmom1225 at 12:57 PM on Oct. 5, 2010