Does your husband/partner support you?

Does your partner support you in all of the decisions that you make? Does he help you to cook, clean, take care of the kids? What makes your partner good at being supportive or what can he do to be more supportive?

SweetSmeek

Asked by SweetSmeek at 8:34 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• My dh is very supportive in everything that i do or need or decide =) When i wanted to do the sahm thing with our 2nd dd, he was all for it.. Although he works, he comes home and helps with the cooking, taking out trash, taking care and entertaining the kids, and even decorating! I think that he is such a good support for me because he actually listens to me and my concerns. This weekend, i was in desperate need of sleep (insomnia is getting the best of me). I fell asleep at 5 am when my dd was just about waking up. He took her and my older daughter downstairs, made breakfast, did the dishes and did some house work. I slept for a good 6 hours! He does things that surprise me, yet its how he is as a husband (so its not that surprising)..Hes a good supportive husband bc he makes sure our family is happy and stress free =)
    pamjp

Answer by pamjp at 8:53 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• my husband is very supportive in most everything in our house and with me. he helps out a lot around the house. sometimes he can be stubborn and not think things through and we struggle but most of the time he comes around. the only thing i can think of that he was firm on was the right choice in the end. so it worked out. only thing i would change is that he had more money or better job but were working on that.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:38 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• financially, yes. everything else i do by myself and i feel like a single mother most of the time.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:39 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• My husband does all of that and much more, not only is he a Marine but he has always been their for me. He sticks up for me even when my family attacks me for dumb stuff, i dont know how to explain hes my prince charming.
    AliciaLamoreux

Answer by AliciaLamoreux at 8:39 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• My hubby has been totally supportive. We met 2 years ago, and 1 month after we started dating I got pregnant. Now, he could have up and left, but he didnt. He stayed at my side and supported me through my pregnancy. I had a c-section and he supported me through everything. He helped me to the bathroom when I couldn't walk because the pain, and when we brought our daughter home he got up in the night to get her, even though he had to get up early for work. He cooks, cleans, and helps with our 2 kids. Now that he works 12 hours, I do the housework and clean, but he still offers to help or rub my feet. He is amazing.
    Becca1189

Answer by Becca1189 at 8:41 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• My dh does all of the above and more. He supports me in everything I do. He will always be on my side.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 9:19 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Same here. Financially yes, but everything else I do on my own. It can be very overwhelming at times. Sometimes I feel like I'm obligated to do more but then there are other times when I feel he should. It's a constant battle I fight on my own.
    SweetSmeek

Comment by SweetSmeek (original poster) at 8:41 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Financially he supports the household! He cooks, does laundry does the grocery shopping! I clean the house!
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 8:52 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• He helps me if I ask him to help, but I do take on a bulk of the household/ childcare responsibility. His job is to bring home money.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:30 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Financially yep, he helps with our child too... He takes him when I'm stressed to the max. As for the house, he'll help out in other ways, He'll take our son out for the day so I can turn up the music & clean. Im OCPD So things have to be done just right. He'll wash the dishes or something like that But normally I HAVE to do most of it. Because If I don't It will drive me insane.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 9:31 PM on Oct. 4, 2010