At what age did you stop doing homework with your child?

seturkey

Asked by seturkey at 8:37 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• My son is three and I do hw with him because he is so young and I like to know what he is learning. I might still do it with him until he is about 10...
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 6:54 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• When they tell you that they don't need your help and you should still check it to make sure its right.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:27 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• i dont think it ever stops...my sister is in collage and still gets help from my mom on things...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 8:39 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I don't plan on ever doing it with them... If they need help they can ask for it.
    Anonymous

• aww man! ^ I was so hoping u would say 2nd grde!
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 8:42 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I was in my 50s
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:44 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Kindergarten isn't what it was... Weekly homework included the parent explaining any struggles you and the child had while completing the work.
    But now that we are in 1st grade... My child has to read a book and discuss what is happening in it, work on spelling words (which includes activities parents must be involved in), and some sort of math work (that part sometimes can be done alone but you have to explain it to them because they can't read that well yet)
    seturkey

Comment by seturkey (original poster) at 8:47 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I've never done homework with my kids.  If they need help with something or are struggling I help them but I don't sit next to them and do it with them.  They need to know how to work independently and I can't very well do homework with 3 kids at the same time while cooking dinner and dealing with a 4yo and a cranky 2 month old.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:47 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I've never done homework with my kids. If they need help with something or are struggling I help them but I don't sit next to them and do it with them. They need to know how to work independently .. I always checked it and if mistakes was made i point them out ..
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 9:02 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• LOL We homeschool so I do homework with my kids every day until they graduate.
    Anonymous