if u were trying to make low calorie veggie soup would u add potates to it. or do u think that adds to many carbs and calories

it would be more filling with potatoes
but im making this soup to kind of have a low calorie food availble when im in the mood to eat for no reason.
thank u!!!

Rydersmommy616

Asked by Rydersmommy616 at 8:37 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Just a few will be okay. I remember my favorite low calorie soup had cabbage. My daughter got the recipe from school in 7th grade. We loved it and so did she.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:40 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Low carbs and low calorie is two different things. I know I look at it in the store all the time.

Answer by louise2 at 8:40 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Put brown rice in it instead of potatoes - carbs yes, but healthier ones than potatoes. Barley would even be better than potatoes.
    Anonymous

• I don't think I'd add potatoes. Barley would be a better option, I think. Or just use the veggies. Canned tomatoes can add body to the soup as well. And zucchini.
    L.A.F.outloud

Answer by L.A.F.outloud at 5:19 AM on Oct. 5, 2010