10 month old with fever

She has an underarm temp of 102 should I take her to the hospital? Help me please! She hasn't really wanted to eat and she is acting really tired. Very cranky too. She got a new tooth last week but I don't really know if it could be because of that.

xredstarsx

Asked by xredstarsx at 8:44 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I know it is scary when baby isn't feeling well. 102 is not worthy of taking her to the hospital. She has a fever and possibly a virus. There are far worse things at the hospital.

I would do my best to make sure she is well hydrated. Offer her the breast or bottle frequently and count her wet diapers. If she seems uncomfortable tylenol should help. But the most important thing is to get her to drink. She'll eat solids when she is feeling better.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:47 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• If it under the arm than you need to add a degree...so 103 temp not good for a baby. It can cause brain damage, having a fever that high.
    reyreybella01

Answer by reyreybella01 at 8:52 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• it is so scary when your little ones are sick especially when they arent old enough to tell you how they are feeling. Keep her hydrated, Give her infant tylenol to get the fever to go down if she is having trouble getting comfortable. Watch for her to rub or pull at her ears, this could be a sign of an ear infection. If the fever isnt improving with the tylenol or it spikes up call your ped's after hours number to see if they can suggest anything or if they want you to have her checked out. You can give her a luke warm bath to comfort her and keep her in lightweight clothes and a light blanket. I hope you are both able to get some sleep and your little one is feeling better soon.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 9:47 PM on Oct. 4, 2010