If I'm not pregnant then why am I having SO much discharge?

I went and got a blood test today. He also checked me up there to see if I have any infections and he said I look really healthy. But I'm having a CRAZY amount of clear, milky, sometimes tinted-yellow discharge. I've never had so much...even when I ovulate.

If I have no infections and I'm not pregnant....is this normal??? Or could it be too early to tell if I am pregnant?

Keeely07

Asked by Keeely07 at 8:47 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• A blood test will almost always tell if you're pregnant, so I would be inclined to think it's something else. Did he check for a yeast infection? It sounds so obvious and silly, but I went TWO YEARS with a yeast infection undiagnosed because they couldn't find any yeast "on the outside, where it's supposed to be". My only symptoms were a whitish discharge and (after two years of itching/scratching off an on) tenderness down there. It finally took medicating me for the yeast infection without officially diagnosing it before it cleared up and went away. The third doctor I went to just said "despite the fact that I can't find any yeast, I have a suspicion" and that was it - as soon as i took the meds, GONE. Good luck, I hope you can get an answer soon!
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 8:49 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• somew girls just get more than other girls I have a lot of that sometimes to were I have to wear a panty linner. I know gross, but that is how some girls are lol. But if you haven't had a period yet then it can still be pregnancy and to early to tell.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:50 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• http://health.hpathy.com/leucorrhoea-symptoms-treatment-cure.asp

Its probably nothing but a sign that your cycle is coming or your body is just doing its thing of sorts and keeping it self balanced.
    AugustMidge

Answer by AugustMidge at 8:52 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• hmmm interesting. well i know i dont have a yeast infection bc theres no itching or anything. but its soooo much! its gross! it looks healthy. its not cheesy or anything.
    Keeely07

Comment by Keeely07 (original poster) at 8:54 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Your body could be flushing itself out. That is what our bodies are designed to do. Did you get tested for a UTI? Complete blood work done?
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 9:12 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• There are things you can't find in a blood test like ovarian cysts, almost all women have them. When they pop, there is a large amount of discharge.Endometriosis and several other conditions undetectable in the blood could be the culprit.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:19 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• You may need to see an OBGYN, but just so you know that vagina is a self-cleaning organ. That discharge you're seeing is your body's way of cleaning out.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:42 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• It could be a hormone imbalance and I would make an appt with your ob/gyn
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 11:54 PM on Oct. 5, 2010