Do you get along with your ex-husband's wife?

istealcookies

Asked by istealcookies at 8:52 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• This may be off topic but I do get along with my husband's ex (who is his daughter's mom) We hang out at times. It's better to keep the peace than to harbor negative energy. She has remarried and has moved on. It wasn't always this easy but once you get older and mature you realize what matters most, and that's the kids.
    SweetSmeek

Answer by SweetSmeek at 8:57 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• My ex's wife (soon to be ex-wife, they are separated) is a piece of work, so no we do not get along at all. I tried very hard but she always thought he was going to come running back to me. I told her, flat out, several times that that would NEVER happen. She was terrible to our son, screaming & yelling and calling him names. Guess that's why she's the soon to be ex. She interferred in my son and his father's relationship drastically.

My ex has since moved on, I love his new gf. She is great with the kids and she's very supportive of my ex and I having a good co-parenting relationship. This is the way it should be!
    travzmom

Answer by travzmom at 9:37 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I agree with SweetSmeek. I get along with my hubby's ex. She is really a difficult person, but we have become "friends" so to speak, especially with matters of their son. I will always try to be diplomatic at worst and friends at best.
    fohtrae

Answer by fohtrae at 9:01 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• yes since i'm the ex.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:01 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• It gets a little tricky when the new wife doesn't want your ex-husband to see you at all and therefore missing out on seeing the kids.
    istealcookies

Comment by istealcookies (original poster) at 9:07 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Nope, but I don't have to either. =) They didn't have any children together. In fact while I was pregnant she enjoyed telling people that our son couldn't be my hubbys since he didn't get her pregnant. (What she left out was the fact that she was "fixed" Five years before she even met the hubby....

Im okay when I see her, Im nice, but we don't run into each other a lot. I keep away from her Pet Grooming place & she keeps away from any place we work.

(& for the record she had left hubby in Nov of 04, and He & I didn't start dating until May of that year. ;> )
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 9:16 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• i wish he would get one
    Inheritingkids

Answer by Inheritingkids at 12:54 PM on Oct. 5, 2010