Is this Safe?

Is it safe to drink Hot tea? I quit drinking coffee in the morning! Cut out all caffeine completly actually!! But I really like Hot tea?! I heard somewhere that you shouldn't drink Hot Tea! Who Knows?? Anybody have any thoughts!!!!!?????

Moe121

Asked by Moe121 at 4:06 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• yeah, its perfectly fine. i drink it all the time.

its the same things as soup or any hot liquid like that. its fine, there are certain kinds of herbal tea you should not drink during pregnancy, you can google that but the kinds you can drink, are fine.
    MichelleWMama2B

Answer by MichelleWMama2B at 4:08 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• If you are trying to avoid caffeine altogether, then you should not drink hot tea unless it says caffeine free or decaf on the label.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 4:09 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• yes hot tea is fine for mom and baby. drink it all the time.
    dixielover

Answer by dixielover at 4:25 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Not drinking caffiene while pregnant is important. If you like your hot teat try to drink decaff and stay away from the herbal teas. The herbs in the tea cross into the placenta where the fetus recieves the nutrients from the mother. Not all herbs are bad but some are and if you don't know which ones than I wouldn't drink the herbal tea.
    goodperson1us

Answer by goodperson1us at 4:25 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Hot tea is awesome =] Just make sure you're drinking the kinds that are good for you. Green tea can be bad for pregnant women in large amounts, and I think raspberry tea can cause contractions. You can google which ones are okay and which ones aren't. Just remember that plain black tea has some caffeine in it, so if you're trying to cut out all caffeine, get a caffeine-free kind.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:30 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Tea is fine, so is coffee and soda... they all have caffiene, but you need to limit the amount. If you can cut it all out, that is good, but in moderation is not bad, either.
    armycoppertop

Answer by armycoppertop at 5:01 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• i love drinking hot tea... i like the mint... and we get the stuff that people grow and mmm they taste so good... the mint and honey with a lil lemon for when ur sick helps a bundle...
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 5:02 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• As long as the tea is caffeine free its fine. But tea has more caffeine in it than coffee does.
    Anonymous