Tearing?

Okay I just had a baby boy 3 months ago. He has this strange goo coming out of his left eye. I'm not sure if its normal. I'm waiting for medicaid to come through so I can take him to the doctor. Is there anything that I should do or is it normal?

Becca1189

Asked by Becca1189 at 8:55 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it's probably a clogged tear duct. that happened to my son too. use a warm damp cloth on his eye. it should help. it worked for us.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 9:25 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Sounds like a clog in his tear duck, is it smelly and what color is it?
    AugustMidge

Answer by AugustMidge at 8:55 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I agree - clogged tear duct - dr told me to massage the boney part of the nose where the corner of the eye meets it to help open it up again. My son had it a week after being born
    beachgirl7970

Answer by beachgirl7970 at 9:02 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• My DD had an awful clogged tear duct. It finally went away when DH irrigated the eye with a 4 ounce bottle of pumped breeast milk. The pediatrician told me to squirt a little breast milk in her eye a few times a day, but the mega breast milk wash fixed it for good. In like 10 minutes.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:21 PM on Oct. 4, 2010