Doesn't it suck to be lower middle or working class?

I make too much money to qualify for any assistance, but not enough that I couldn't use the extra help. I am cutting corners the best I know how and I still cannot seem to get ahead. A little assistance would be great!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Ugh yeah. Seems like every time we start getting ahead something goes on the car/house or a medical emergency arises then we're right back to square one.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 9:11 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I actually like living a humble life. I've always wanted to live in a small house/cottage, and I love making use of old things others don't want...Believe me I want to make more than I'm making now but I'd be fine living off say $30k a year for a family of 4. Just please please please don't rely on the govt for help! too many people think it's an ok way of living.
    Evansmommy91

Answer by Evansmommy91 at 9:10 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• It is America. Don't think about what can be done for you to help. Think about what you can do to help yourself. You have the power.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:01 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I am middle class with 2 kids and widow...I just don't live beyond my means and we're doing fine.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 9:12 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• yep - I have a great house we make huge mortgage payments on but is falling apart because there is no money left over to put into it!
    beachgirl7970

Answer by beachgirl7970 at 8:58 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• It just sucks to have to work for a living period ;) I love my job but I would still rather work be an optional part of my life!
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:08 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I don't want assistance. I'm happy enough but I'd still like to be one of those terrible rich people
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:10 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• No because my collar is blue and someday its going to be white so its temporary and no shame to be blue.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:18 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• not really. it feels pretty darn good to be proud of what you do, no matter how much or little you actually make. everyone is capable of making life doable..there will always be those who make more, and those to make less. being content with what you have and enjoying those you love and having them near is what's important.
    it doesn't matter one hoot what you have in the bank when you die...
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:23 PM on Oct. 4, 2010