What do you prefer...flu vaccine injection or the flumist?

Ahealthyskin

Asked by Ahealthyskin at 8:57 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Health

• How about not putting unnecessary and harmful chemicals in my body in any form!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:00 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Neither! It's a useless vaccination in my eyes!
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 9:11 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• If you worked with immunocompromised patients and give them the flu, they can get seriously ill. When you are a healthcare worker is your obligation to protect your patients.

Thank you for the answer. I will wait for other responces.
    Ahealthyskin

Comment by Ahealthyskin (original poster) at 9:11 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• i thought adults were to get the injection and the mist is just for babies and children....??
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 9:12 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• children can get both injections or mist...this is why I asked.
    thanks!
    Ahealthyskin

Comment by Ahealthyskin (original poster) at 9:13 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I always go for the injection since the mist is not reccomended for people with asthma...my son was given the mist last year for the first time (he had always had the injection in the past) and he got really sick from it, my hubby is required to get the mist at work and always doesnt feel well afterward for a couple of days. I will never allow my son to get the mist again. My daughter has a week immune system so we get them every year..I have never had any major problems with the shot...with the exception of not liking to get shots...lol.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 9:24 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Thank you foxracing...appreciate you sharing your experience. This is helpful!
    Ahealthyskin

Comment by Ahealthyskin (original poster) at 9:25 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I'd go with the injection since the FluMist is a live virus and you might end up with a slight case of the flu. You are introducing the flu to your body in the most primal way it is introduced--through the respiratory tract. I don't get either anymore, but I know when I was in the navy and all the students at the a-school I worked at had to get their FluMist, it was always before a 3 day weekend because a lot of people got sick.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:28 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I would prefer injections. My husband in the military usually gets the mist but they were required to get the injections something about it not covering the swine flu.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:54 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I just got my flu shot today. For years I believed there was no reason for me to get a flu shot. But last year with the H1N1 hype, I went out and got one anyway. Amazingly, I avoided the office flu that felled two co-workers that had lingering symptoms for many, many weeks. So, now, I am a believer, and will get a flu shot once a year. Why not engage in an ounce of prevention?

tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:00 PM on Oct. 5, 2010