HELP!! KIDS CRAFT

my daughter for school has to make a costume for a little "gingerbread" cut out and I have no clue how to decorate it.... PLEASE HELP!

staceybelly9

Asked by staceybelly9 at 9:01 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Felt cut outs of gumdrops, mint spirals zig-zags. Felt is available in great colors and it is cheap. It holds its shape and easy to work with.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:03 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• What does you daughter want to decorate it as? When my son was in pre-k, they had us do this with a pumpkin and my son and I decorated it as what he was going to be for Halloween.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:03 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• She's throwing out ideas from a spider to a princess... LOL!! I look at this cutout and I'm like... WHAT THE HELL AM I GOING TO DO!!!!!!!!!!
    staceybelly9

Comment by staceybelly9 (original poster) at 9:04 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• You could use some large Pompoms (craft balls) for the buttons. For the icing around the edges, you could get a lace ribbon and string it through around the edges. ... Maybe a cute little bow on her head? Sounds adorable.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 9:04 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Wait, I missread this. I thought you had to make a gingerbread costume. lol.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 9:05 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Can she glue it on? If so, just buy a brown foam sheet or a sheet of brown felt they sell at craft stores. Cut it out and glue it to the gingerbread man/woman then decorate with little fuzzy balls, "bling", or something similiar. If you can't glue it, the brown felt can probably be used to fashion a little costume.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:08 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Oh, I see what you are saying now. Just buy some different colored felt, it shouldn't be too hard. A princess would be cute.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:09 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Thing is, is that we got it today and its due tomorrow.... I cant just go and run to Michaels to get stuff, its suppose to be stuff around the home...
    staceybelly9

Comment by staceybelly9 (original poster) at 9:13 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• use aluminum foil and make a "space man"
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 10:23 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• or go get some dry grass outside, and glue it with some fabric scraps to make a "scarecrow"
    christyg