Does anyone else have a hubby working 2 FT jobs?

Mine works two FT jobs plus overtime. This really is to make ends meet and get rid of debt. We believe in my staying at home to raise the kids, and to save and scrimp everywhere possible, but geez, I feel like a widow, and I feel so bad for him. The only place left we could cut back is mortgage, but with the housing market we are very likely upside down, and our mortgage isn't really that outrageous.

fohtrae

Asked by fohtrae at 9:14 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Money & Work

• I dont know if you can consider it 2 full time jobs, but I feel that he does. The Army can be very unforgiving when it comes to families, deployments, seperations, etc he does work a lot, I can sympathize with you.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 9:16 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Not me.. But I just wanted to give your husband kudos for getting out there and supporting his family! What a great guy you have!!!!!!
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 9:16 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I agree Anikahaynes1, lol.
    xxlilmomma09

• You do not need sympathy. You have a gem. This is what men should be doing. Whatever it takes to take care of your family. Love him!!!!
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:19 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• My husband work full time and goes to school full time. He use to do all this plus was in the reserves. I am glad that he is out of the reserves now.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:19 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• wow, I am not in this situation, but wow that sounds like a lot.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:22 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I don't want sympathy. NO WAY! I totally love that we are this dedicated to this lifestyle...just seeing who else is out there like us, and how they feel about it. He is as in awe of the work I do here (homeschool, homemaking, mommying, wifing) as I am of his stamina to work 16 hrs a day.
    fohtrae

Comment by fohtrae (original poster) at 9:26 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• My Husband only works one full time job, but he does work about 55 hours a week. We have the same feelings as you, having me stay home with the kids. That's very important to both of us. It's a blessing, for children to have their Mommies home. Kudos to you!!! I also wanted to let you know that I work from home, and I love it! I am a stay at home Mommy to my 3 year old son, and 19 month old daughter. I work with a great team of Moms; we help each other create income from home. No parties, No inventory! Weekly pay! Free website, training, and unlimited support!!
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!

Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Helping MOMS Work from Home since 1999!
    Visit my website:
    www.OurCEOMom.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 1:59 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Wow! I could not imagine not being able to spend a greatdeal of time with my husband, but what an amazing person your husband is to be able to support his family!
    I have worked with a lady whose husband had 2 jobs, and she wanted to get him home from one of them , so they could see each other more and be with children more, so I introduced her to the home based business that I have been with for a little over a year. It has truly helped her and she has been able to contribute another stream of income in order for him to stay home from 1 job! I would love to share with you if you would be interested honey! You can work it inthe nooks and crannies of your day and you can control your own paycheck! It is super easy! Hope this helps!
    arbnmom

Answer by arbnmom at 10:36 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Hi ,
    My name is Renee Smith . I am going to share two websites with information that may help you two out. www.reneersmith.greatcareerplan.com and www.prepaidlegal.com/hub/reneersmith If this information is not for you, you may think of family members, friends, and co-workers who can use extra cash and time freedom. Feel free to contact me. I hope to hear from you. My contact information can be found on my websites.
    RED57

Answer by RED57 at 10:56 AM on Oct. 5, 2010