How can I get my son to keep clothes on?

So fall is here and winter be comin up soon.My son will not keep clothes on except for if we go anywhere or he goes outside.How can I get my son to keep clothes?

Firsttimemom252

Asked by Firsttimemom252 at 9:17 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Why does he need clothes if he just hanging out? My son was the same way. If people came over, was required to wear clothes. He's kind of outgrown that now. He's five. He still does it from time to time, but I say just let him be comfortable. I do make him wear his underwear though. He's not allowed to go completely naked ever.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:20 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• That is a tough one. My now 4 year old dd would not keep her clothes on for nothing when she was 2 - 3 years of age. It is just a stage, eventually he will get over it. As for winter coming up, he might take them off once and then not do it again if he gets too cold. Good luck.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:21 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I have 2 girls 9 & 5 and they are always in just their undies in the house. If someone comes over yea they put clothes on or to go outside or what not. If he gets cold enough he'll keep his clothes on
    jbond83

Answer by jbond83 at 9:23 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• My mother has a heart attack every time she comes over, because she cannot fathom why both my girls are always running around in their underwear. Personally, if we are not in public, I see no reason to force the issue. They're 1 and 3, and both hate wearing clothes. I just keep the house plenty warm, and let 'em run free!
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 9:29 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• DS,2, loves streaking through the house yelling,"Nudie Toodie!"
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 11:28 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• My son has started taking off anything with a zipper and removing his pants all the time. I can't keep a jacket on him cuz he likes to unzip it and take it off, and then come up to me, have me put it on him again, so he can take it off again! The biggest problem I have is him taking off his sleepers while in his crib at night. I have started putting onesies under his sleepers cuz at least if he takes it off he'll have something to wear that he can't get off and won't freeze. I wish they'd come up with like a sleeper with snaps that's actually big enough for a 2 year old. It seems like the only sleepwear for 2 years old and up is pants and shirts, which can be removed easily
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 11:35 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• My daughter's the same. If he's cold... he'll wear them, or wrap himself up in a blanket or something.
    It's not much on an issue tbh..... Why must he wear clothes at home?

My DD doesn't... ever really lol. She's wearing a dress at the moment, and yesterday didn't wear anything, she wore a pumpkin outfit the day before though.
    He'll grow out of it.
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 10:00 AM on Oct. 5, 2010