dd just fell down need help

i dont think she hit her head, we were putting her to bed and she was on her way out of her room and fell down, she did give herself a nose bleed, but how would i no if she bumped her head...and how long should i keep her awake for...and do u wake her every hour to check on her???
so sry for all the questons but i need to no please help

mommylisar

Asked by mommylisar at 9:34 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If she is her normal self, she cried out after the fall, didn't lose consciousness, and her pupils are the same size then she's fine. If she throws up or gets lethargic, that can also be a sign of a concussion and would warrant a trip to the ER. And if the nosebleed won't stop that is also something to get checked out. Otherwise, she'll be just fine :)
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 9:40 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I think if she is acting okay, you don't need to be too worried. Kids are pretty darn tough, especially at the toddler stage. Watch her for any slurring of speech, drowsiness, unresponsiveness, etc, but she will probably be okay. If you are really concerned I would call the doctor or a nurse advice line. GL!
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 9:40 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• she is tired anyways because it is 11 pm here and she is fighting her sleep tonight...but i don't know if i should keep her up for a hr ...there dont seem to be anything wrong, just really tried!
    mommylisar

Comment by mommylisar (original poster) at 9:42 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• i think she is okay. sleep is okay as she is probably overtired and just getting clumsy from it. if she wasnt running at full speed i think she will be fine. my child used to have nosebleeds from his asthma meds and had fallen in past before bed, he has been okay.
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 9:46 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• My daughter use to walk into wall for no reason. I would ask her why did you walk into the wall she would say; I forgot it was there and then laugh. I thought something was going on with her. But the doctor said; children fall and walk into things all the time it's natural. I'm like walking into walls is natural yeah oook.( As long as she is acting like herself. She's ok, I would wait to put her to bed about an hour after she fell for precaution. Just keep a close eye on her. Wish you well and Good nite.
    TwannaB.

Answer by TwannaB. at 9:48 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• UMMM< call a doctor, not cafemom...wow
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 1:39 PM on Oct. 5, 2010