PROPOSAL

how did your SO or DH propose to you??? did he put much thought into it??? did you have a feeling he was doing it that day???

iNk-FrEaK

Asked by iNk-FrEaK at 9:45 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• My DH did this beautiful, elaborate Disney-themed proposal (because we both love Disney)...decorated his whole living room in Disney stuff and even had "our" Disney song playing. Since he couldn't afford to do it at Disneyland like he wanted to, he bought a statue of the DL castle and put the ring on the top turret. And no, I had NO IDEA WHATSOEVER that he was going to propose! Total shock! I still don't know how he managed to keep it a secret, because in the 6+ years we've been married, I haven't even gotten to open a Christmas present without knowing what it was...he's a terrible secret keeper! LOL
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 9:50 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• nice gesture but not thought out......
    he told me he brought me a ring but would give it to me on surprise, well 3 weeks later all these people started coming over one evening so i kinda figured it out.....i still cried though
    he did better when he really did surprise me with a cinderella horse and carriage pickup from our reception......now that was a tear jerker
    Inheritingkids

Answer by Inheritingkids at 12:32 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• My husband went the whole 9...he asked not only my daddy for my hand in marriage, but my mom as well (they're divorced). He took me to a nice romantic dinner and then for a walk on the Santa Monica pier....where he got down on one knee and proposed. It was perfect. =)
    HaydensMama07

Answer by HaydensMama07 at 1:04 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• My exhusband did it over the phone. Real romantic I know. I had a feeling it was coming, just didn't know when. My SO hasn't proposed yet, but I am expecting what I wanted the first time.
    christy_lvr

Answer by christy_lvr at 9:53 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• My SO proposed in the Hospital Emergency Room to me. Not romantic but I think it was sweet and heartfelt.
    AugustMidge

Answer by AugustMidge at 9:54 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Ummmm my husband asked me to marry him in the middle of the night when I was half asleep. It was unplanned & very sweet. Too bad I thought it was a dream & didn't know until the next afternoon it really happened.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 9:56 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• My SO proposed to me on Valentine's Day! He put this ring in a huge box! took me to this restaurant where they had this buggy he sat me in this buggy and proposed marriage! I had a feeling it was coming because I could not wait to marry him!
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 10:01 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• He thought about the actual deed a lot, but the proposal itself wasn't very thought-out. It was, however, still memorable.

April 24, 2004. We were at a friend's house for the weekend and he asked me to get a ring from his car. I figured he wanted to wear it on one of his fingers, so I got the biggest one I could find: my mood ring that only really fits on my right middle finger. I brought it to him and thought nothing of it for the rest of the day.

Later that night, we're getting ready to play a game of strip poker with the same friends when he dropped to one knee in their living room. He took my hand, looked up at me, and asked me to marry him. For the first time in my life, my knees gave way and I fell to the floor.

I said yes (obviously) and he proceeded to be the first loser of strip poker. We were out smoking in their garage later and took naked pictures with license plates in front of our goods.

Fun times. =)
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 10:47 AM on Oct. 5, 2010