When selecting a child care provider or babysitter how important is integrity to you? Is it a deciding factor?

Please help me out here. I am writing a paper for an ethics class and have decided to do mine on The importance of ethical integrity in professional childcare. I could use some imput. thanks

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 9:46 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• First: WHat is YOUR definition of "integrity" ?
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 9:48 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• consistency of actions, values, methods, measures, principles, expectations and outcomes. In western ethics, integrity is regarded as the quality of having an intuitive sense of honesty and truthfulness in regard to the motivations for one's actions.

I think its very important and would be a deciding factor in whom I leave my child with. Sadly these aren't things that is easy to spot all the time but I would probably go as far as changing providers if I noticed a lapse in The Ethical integrity of the person or business in question.
    AugustMidge

Answer by AugustMidge at 9:52 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• My two year old twins have been in daycare for a year with the same lady who runs her own in-home daycare. I found her through a friend at work who I've known for a while who heard on Facebook that I was looking for a place for my kids to go when I returned to my job. I was so nervous about leaving my beloved little doodles with ANYONE, let alone a total stranger. But my friend had been friends with this lady's husband and his family for a very long time (her husband is best friends with the daycare lady's husband and has been since they were like 3 or 4 years old). So they knew there had never been any legal issues or things like drug use or anything like that that would seriously affect my decision.

If there was ever any question as to Christine's integrity I would ABSOLUTELY have issues and would need to find another place to take my children. I'm not really sure how that would come to light cont'd...
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 10:08 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• and if you want to give me examples of how it might come about I could better answer how I'd handle them but I trust her implicitly with the lives of my kids right now and anything she did to change that would be a major issue and I would likely never trust her again.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 10:10 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• very!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:13 AM on Oct. 5, 2010