Is it me or is the grammar and spelling on here getting worse and worse?

I have been on here awhile and never cared as long as I can understand what they are getting at. But lately I can't understand half of what people are writing. It comes off as ignorant to me. You don't loose weight you lose weight. And it's really hard to loose a child. Or me no do that stuff. Really? I grew up thinking these things were taught in school for a reason. What are our kids learning?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I've noticed, but I tend to just skip over posts like that because to me, it isn't worth the headache to spend half an hour trying to decipher what they were (not) trying to say.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:26 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• This is something that is just about to send me over the edge, actually. We ARE dumming down. We are. I am so frustrated by this.
    It's not just "here," it's everywhere. Last year, I took a pic of a teenage boy sitting on the edge of the driver's seat of his truck, legs out, door open. It was the day after graduation. The windows of his truck - on all sides - said "seinors 2009"! I find this in instruction manuals, legal papers, professional websites, news stories. But yes, social networking sites have the worst of the worst abuse of the English language and grammar.
    fohtrae

Answer by fohtrae at 10:12 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Ain't making me no nevermind if'n nobody gots no good grammar... even if it gets worser and they's all ignrant, I just say, How You durin? or How have you been being?? Left handed Looks gooder on you... and I don't know what they's talking about neither. It's all an optical conclusion to me. I live in the country and my neighbors all say things like... I took and went to the store hankering for some grens with misrus and her youngin and aint gots nobody thats seen em or nothing like that dere. I just smile and say,"Uh huh..."
    Blabbermouth

Answer by Blabbermouth at 10:17 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• While some of it is lack of education, most of it is typos or just mistakes. Sometimes I type so fast that I do mistype words like their/there, lose/loose, chose, choose, etc.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:10 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I have to agree.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:12 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I know. It is really difficult to "translate" questions sometimes and I just skip them. I don't understand why the grammar and spelling is so bad. Usually we learn the most of our knowledge of English grammar,spelling ,composition by 6th grade. I remember in 6th grade we would have "diagramming contests" in which we had teams and chances to do the best at diagramming a sentence that the teacher wrote on the blackboard. We memorized all the prepositions. We learned to match subjects and objects .
    Anyway, we are risking responses from Moms using profanity and hostility if we correct anything written here. I gave up. LOL.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:14 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• It's not just you, I've noticed it as well. I've been here for nearly three years, and only recently have I been unable to finish a question because it just hurts too much to read it. Some of it is typos, but I can handle those. It's the horrible spelling and grammar (or the lack of any punctuation whatsoever) that bothers me the most.

However, we are not allowed to correct anyone around here because no one gives a good god damn how they present themselves anymore. Mistakes are one thing, ignorance is something else. Most of what I see on here is just plain ignorance.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:20 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I agree with JeremysMom
    KaraMia15

Answer by KaraMia15 at 10:12 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• No it's not all typos and mistakes. I can understand what you are saying. I see more posts that I have no clue what they are trying to say because they are so bad.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:13 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• You aren't the only one that has noticed this!!! I sometimes have to re-read the questions several times to understand what they are saying. haha Sometimes the language is just vulgar too!!!

~Alyssa M.

Helping Moms Work From Home Since 1999!

www..4theLoveofMyFamily.com

alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 10:29 PM on Oct. 4, 2010