WOW HELP

IM 35 WEEKS AND 3 DAYS PREGO, WENT TO THE DOC, SHE SAID I WAS DIALATED 3 CM, WHAT SHOULD I DO? IM TIRED OF BEING PREGO, SOES THIS MEAN ILL HAVE THE BABY? DOESNT THE HOSPITAL ADMIT U AT 4 CM?

mrsgreene

Asked by mrsgreene at 4:22 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It actually doesn't really mean much. You can be dilated like that for weeks and weeks without going into labor. My sister just spent over a month at 3 cm and ended up being induced a week after her due date. All you should do in response to this news is try to keep yourself rested and hydrated so you're as ready as you can be when labor starts. I know you're sick of being pregnant, but you really want to keep that baby in there until at least 37 weeks so he/she has every chance to get ready for birth.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 4:26 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Ya I think you should pack a bag it won't be long!
    Connersmom9956

Answer by Connersmom9956 at 4:25 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Unfortunately no.. its more then just dilation -- its how effaced you are, how thin your cervix is, if you're having regular contractions, etc. Your child would still be premature right now. 37 weeks on is considered full term -- you're so close! I was walking around 4cm dilated for weeks with my first. Many women dilate a bit a few weeks before.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 4:26 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• With my first I was dialated to 3cm for a month. I went into active labor a week and a half after my due date. With my second I told the Dr to not even tell me since it didn't really matter. I didn't find out where I was until I was being induced ... which was a 4 cm.
    momof2cuteboys

Answer by momof2cuteboys at 4:57 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• It means be ready... you could go tomorrow, you might not go til your due date, you might be two weeks late. Like someone else said, it is about effacing as well. MOST times they at 4 CM, but sometimes if other factors are not right and especially if you are not contracting, they won't unless they feel they need to induce you. But have your bag packed just in case your 3 CM is just the warning that you are about to blow.
    armycoppertop

Answer by armycoppertop at 5:06 PM on Oct. 24, 2008