Can U fall in love thru Letters and Emails...

Can you really fall in love in letters and phone calls and emails and never have yet to meet in person? Has anyone else felt this or done this before?

Dare2Bme71

Asked by Dare2Bme71 at 4:24 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Relationships

• You are falling in love with the person they present to you. But I totally do agree with the fact that yes you can. In fact, so long as they are being honest with you, I think the connection can be great because you are falling in love with them because you are strictly going off personality and not physical attributes.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:33 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I dont think you can talk about "love" because of emails and phone calls. You can like someone and be smitten. But it takes months, if not even years to be really in love with someone.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 4:33 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• My boyfriend and I developed crushes on each other through IM conversations.

We didn't fall in love until after we met in person and dated for a few months =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:35 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• yep i did just that ..........hubby and i meet on line talked, text ,e mailed etc ...for months we met and married three months later we have been married 3 1/2 years he is the greatest , i would not change a thing about how we meet i loved him then and even more now.....
    MarksGurl

Answer by MarksGurl at 4:35 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I disagree with m.robertson811.... Love knows no time , race , or age...It's from the heart.
    Anonymous

• Technically yes you can, but its not necessarily the person on the opposite end you're falling in love with; its more like an idealistic form of that person. I mean, all you see is what the wrote not how the said it/meant it. And not to mention writing takes time and you can sit there and think on what to say. Also, mood is usually transferred from person to person (like if you're friend is happy it tends to make you happy just by being around them), but with e-mail and letters its not so you're just going off whatever mood you were in or you're assuming the other person is in. I'm not going to get into all the psychological stuff right now. The fact is that who you're falling in "love" with is most likely not the other person and its better not to get your hopes up and move too fast too soon before you get a chance to actually meet and be around each other.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 4:44 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I think you can as long as they are who they say they are:) If they are someone totally different when you meet them you didnt fall in love with them. You fell in love with the idea of who you wanted them to be and what you liked about their fake personality.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 4:57 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• well.... years ago i met someone online i was very compatible with. we talked on the computer via IM and email for a while and then on the phone for hours. when we met in person i found he had misrepresented himself appearancewise, which i normally don't care about, but it felt like i coudn't trust anything. then around the same time (i was experimenting with meeting people online) i met another person who i really enjoyed conversations with, found attractive, and really thought could be something, when we met in person there were no sparks at all, and unfortunately that matters. i want passion in a relationship. I think it's great to get to know someone deeply that way, BUT I would hesitate to call it love until there is a personal meeting.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 5:46 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I'm no expert but I fell back in love with a guy through them once. We had dated once and broke up then he went to BT with the navy and we wrote and Yes i fell back in love with him...does that count tho cause i knew him before?
    Anonymous