C-section with Twins!

I'm pregnant with Twins and I'm due April 7th. I was told I've have a c-section since they are twins. How bad does the c-section hurt? What exactly does it feel like? I've watched videos and the girls look like they are in severe pain. And, it's it going to be worse since I'm having twins?!!

Someone please answer back.

erikalovesjerry

Asked by erikalovesjerry at 10:09 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It doesn't hurt. You just feel a lot of pressure if they have to manouver the baby/ies. Everything will be fine. I've had 2 c-sections and all went well. Good luck! :)
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 10:12 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Thank you! This is my first and It's twins so I figured it'd be worse since it is twins.
    erikalovesjerry

Comment by erikalovesjerry (original poster) at 10:15 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• How ironic, I had my twins on April 7th, I didn't have a C-section I had them normally, my second one was breech but she was born 2 minutes later so it wasn't that bad. Why do they say you have to have a C-section? Only becasue they are twins? Is this your first delivery, or have you had a c-section before? If you don't want one and you never had one it is fine to have them normally if you chose to do so.
    sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 10:15 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Yikes, I don't want to know what was going on in those C-sections you watched! There shouldn't be any pain, just pressure and pulling. It's not particularly comfortable, but it's a heck of a lot less painful than going through labor! LOL and you have an anesthesiologist right there to help if you are in any pain. The recovery is not bad either; at least I never thought it was as bad as some people claim. You just have to be careful to not do anything that bends/pulls your scar for a couple weeks.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 10:19 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• my doctor told me I will need to have a c-section because it's safer while having twins because one of them can turn and it'd hurt me really bad and could risk hurting the baby.

And you didn't have any pain while you were having a c-section?
    erikalovesjerry

Comment by erikalovesjerry (original poster) at 10:22 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• You don't have to have a C-Section. There have been many sets of twins born vaginally- even some born breech and "sunny side up". Do some major research before these babies come and search in a natural birth group for moms who have had multiples vaginally because they can give you some pointers. A C-Section isn't automatically necessary just because there is more than one baby.
    ATG499

Answer by ATG499 at 10:24 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I have had a uterine surgery that cut me open likea c seection would. It was awful. Some of the worst pain of my life. I could not imagine having one, let alone two babies to care for after that. I could not lift anything over 10 pounds for 6 weeks. How would i have picked up a baby?

Twins is not a reason to have a surgical birth. Many people vaginal birth twins. I would look into other doctors who aree open to a vaginal birth.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:29 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I had twins via c section at 34 weeks July 23rd 2008. The C section itself didn't hurt at all - you'll be numb from the waist down. Afterwards...it's painful for about a week but you do what your nurses tell you the first few days and you'll get better quick and be looking after your babies before you know it!

Good luck. My daughter came home after 2 weeks in NICU and my son was a month in before he was released. That part sucked but it gave me time to try and recover and I spent as much of my time with them in the NICU as the nurses allowed.

You're in for a ride! Are these your first kids?
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 10:49 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Sorry hun I just went up and read your other answers. It's not worse because you're having twins...it's not like they make a bigger incision to get the babies out..they come out one at a time just like single babies do...my incision is tiny (I can send you a pic privately if you want...it's NOTHING seriously....but I have a really high tolerance for pain too....you'll be FINE and frankly I was glad I had a C section...my sister had twins the normal way and I wouldn't want to have to do twice the work pushin em out!! Yikes!)
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 10:51 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Yes they are. I am excited about having babies but I'm scared because of the c-section and I don't tolerate pain very well. :/
    erikalovesjerry

Comment by erikalovesjerry (original poster) at 10:52 PM on Oct. 4, 2010