If you have had your tubes tied.....do you find your period is much heavier than in the past?

Since I had my tubes tied almost 3 years ago - I find my period is SUPER heavy. So, heavy in fact that today I bled through a super tampon AND a thick maxi-pad! I have also been told this could be some pre-menapausal symptom, since I am now 38 yrs old. Anyone else with this problem? Any ideas?

MamaDiane

Asked by MamaDiane at 4:31 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Health

• I have a friend who went through the same thing, she went to the doc because she thought something was wrong and they put her on more birthcontrol and took alot of test for a bunch of things!! I
    determind

Answer by determind at 7:49 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I am only 28, but I had my tubes tied when Josef was 16 months young, making me 24 (turned 25 two months after the procedure). I had to have my tubes tied due to other surgical procedures because the risk of miscarriage was too great. My cycles are AWFUL, when and if they decide to show up, lol. My cycles have always been "hit or miss", and most likely in early menapause as well. It SUCKS that is for sure!
    Josef1129

Answer by Josef1129 at 5:11 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I have always had pretty mild, light cycles. Since my tubal 5 years ago, they got even lighter and very sparatic. Where as before the tubal I was pretty regular about every 28 days and after I can go up to 48 days. It may not all be due to the tubal. I'm sure it's perimenopause related too because in addition to that I've had weight gain, hot flashes, night sweats a few times, moodiness, memory loss, LOL, the list could go on and on. I'm only 34, but if I'm starting the change early, fine by me, get it done and over with! I'm going to the Dr. soon to see if that is what's going on. I've put off going regularly since being done having children. I think heavy cycles is a symptom of perimenopause too. Maybe the Dr. could give you something to help you with yours.
    PresidentCross

Answer by PresidentCross at 6:15 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Were you always on some kind of BC before your tubal? I know mine periods are alot longer and heavier but it could be due to not taking BC now.
    kimsamomof3

Answer by kimsamomof3 at 6:21 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Mine are heavier know when they come sometimes the come up to a week and half early and sometimes they dont come for a month (skipping a cycle) and when they come they are extemely heavy for three days and then nonexsistent with a bit of pink discharge for two or three days then nothing for a day and a final heavy discharge and done its very weird.
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 7:19 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Sometimes mine can be heavy or light but I am grateful that my stomach doesn't cramp
    moviestartaal

Answer by moviestartaal at 7:47 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• In my case I tiedd my tubes at the age of 22 it going to be 14 years ago I do get the heavy period and some times light ones I do get very bad cramps and I do get my cycle two or three times in one month and all this is happening since I have the surgery
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:09 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• they are heavier and my cramps are way worse.
    afrazier78

Answer by afrazier78 at 8:54 AM on Oct. 25, 2008