Does your husband allow you to use his checkbook for groceries or items for the house?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:32 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Relationships

• I have control over the money we have. We dont use checkbooks (its kind of different in Germany. We dont use checkbooks at all - not for reg. shoppings ect.).

But even if it would be different, of course he would let me use it. Why shouldnt your husband let you use it?
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 4:35 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• yes of course its not his checkbook its OUR CHECKBOOK. we are married. Thats the way it works when you are married its no longer one person or the other persons money its both of yours.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 4:35 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• You have seperate accounts it asounds like.

Answer by louise2 at 4:36 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• can i ask why he has his own checkbook?dh and i have a joint account, so it wouldn't matter if i used his card or not, since it's our money.
    Anonymous

• MY BOYFRIEND LETS ME USE HIS CHECKCARD AND HIS CREDIT CARDS TO GO TO THE STORE.
    Anonymous

• We have a joint account, so everything is "ours". We will ensure everything is paid and then with what is left, we will take some out of the bank in cash to have as pocket money when the money stretches that far.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:39 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• DH works, I'm a SAH-homeschooling-mom; we have 1 checking account. It is a joint account! The money he makes for our family gets put into the joint account. It is MY job to pay the bills and keep the checking account balanced....which results in my DH asking if we have money for this and that.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 4:39 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Well for me, we have are own checking but we also share a checking, he also lets me use his debt card or his credit cards cause i will not use those credit cards it just causes more problems, we even go threw the bills with each other, so really we share every thing
    Anonymous

• Yes, I can use his money for anything. As long as I keep myself in check which I do because we are both good with budgeting then he has no problems with it:)
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 4:51 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• as long as we both no whats going out so it doesn't bounce and our bills are paid. but my husband has the checking in his name cause i cant get one due to my ex marriage. i just keep my own cahs usually that i know i'll be needing
    hotmama541

Answer by hotmama541 at 4:54 PM on Oct. 24, 2008