Eating Schedule Question

My little girl is 5 months, 2 weeks old. She has been eating solids for about a month now, formula alone wasn't filling her up any more. I started with just cereal but she didn't like it but I use it as a thickener for her fruit and to cut down the green veggies. She is eating stage 2 baby food.

She is very open to eating, she doesn't spit any out and there are times where she will squeal and fuss like she wants more during lunch or dinner. She is a VERY active baby. She plays very hard and only takes 3 naps a day 30-45 minutes per nap.

6-6:30am/ 5oz bottle

8-8:30am/ 1/2 jar fruit mixed w/ cereal

10-10:30am/5oz bottle

12-12:30pm/ 1/2 jar fruit, 1/2 jar veggies

2-2:30pm/ 5oz bottle

4-4:30pm/ 1/2 jar fruit, 1/2 jar veggies

5:30/ 5oz bottle

7:30/ 5oz bottle

Is this okay?

Momma2Miranda

Asked by Momma2Miranda at 10:16 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is baby happy, healthy and growing? If so, then whatever you are doing is fine.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 11:23 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Tht sounds like enough. Talk to her doctor about it. GL :)
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 10:18 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• When my son was 5 months... We were doing cereal with veggies at night... and just bottles during the day... but I don't see a problem with it if she is getting full, not spitting up.... I think it sounds good to me. Does she wake up in the middle of the night for a bottle or is the 6am one the feeding?

I'd just talk it over with her doctor at her 6 month appt as well. Good luck!
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 12:08 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

She doesn't wake during the night at all....her 1st bottle of the day is at 6-6:30.
    Momma2Miranda

Comment by Momma2Miranda (original poster) at 12:11 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Sounds fine to be i started my daughter on solids at 5 months as well cuz she was not getitng full at all,however i do think she should be having more formula for the day. at 8months old they should get between 24-36oz a day, so think about what a 5 month old should get. but ask the doctor about it
    mommy2be77

Answer by mommy2be77 at 2:20 AM on Oct. 5, 2010