How to get my baby to roll over?

My daughter is almost 6 months and she does not roll over yet. I put her on the floor to play and she just goes to sleep. She has to sleep on her stomach because she has acid reflux, but i have tried getting down and playing with her to keep her awake and it doesn't work. How do i get her to learn to stay awake to play?

nicolerae23

Asked by nicolerae23 at 4:35 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If she wants to sleep, then dont try to keep her awake.

It simply means that she is tired and she is in need of sleep.

If she is not sleepy and doesnt roll over, then just put one of her favorite toys to her left or right, and maybe she will try to reach it :)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 4:37 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Thats what my first child did too, he also had to sleep on his tummy. I got a standing mirror (the baby kind) and that encouraged him, it was the only thing that helped.
    The other thing that helped was picking the right time for it. Like after he woke up, ate and about a half hr the feeding was perfect. You know your babies awake times best so just try to do it at the most awake time.
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 4:57 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• She will roll when shes ready. You don't need to pressure it... I would let her sleep if she wants to sleep. If you want to, try dangling toys over her while she lays on her back on the floor. I also "roll her" back and forth using her feet. She thinks its funny... and after I stop, she rolls over. I wouldn't worry too much, I am sure she will be doing it soon. My baby girl is 5 1/2 months, but she doesn't roll that often. Shes just too busy doing other things lol.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 9:26 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I would never advise you to put your baby at risk, but it seems baby's roll over the first time when we don't want them to - like when you set her on the toilet seat for just a quick second as you turn to get the towel and off she goes
    baenglishwc05

Answer by baenglishwc05 at 11:33 PM on Oct. 24, 2008