Would dressing as a mormon for halloween be "wrong"?

If your atheist friend dressed as a mormon woman for halloween, would you feel that is insulting or flattering to mormons??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• lol, probably insulting,,if they are atheist,,,just thinking.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 10:34 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• lol i agree w/beyondhopes, it would be funny to me
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 10:36 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• How does one dress as a Mormon exactly? I mean you can dress up like a nun & everyone would know you mean "catholic"..but you know, I know some mormons & they wear clothes just like everybody else I know. I know those missionary guys that come to your door wear blue suites & name tags but...yeah..mormon women wear..what exactly...that makes them look "Mormon"?
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 10:37 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I also don't know how you would 'dress mormon' but its halloween so really who cares?? It's a costume.. people dress up as strange and crazy stuff all over the place, what would be so 'wrong' about being a mormon?? Nobody's going to know she's an atheist if she's out trick or treating with kids.. and if she goes to a party where people know her then they would probably get the joke.. right?? Doesn't seem like a problem to me..
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 10:41 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I agree with lisa89j... how exactly do you dress up as a Mormon? Also, I would say it depends on the intent behind the atheist friend wearing the costume. If the idea was to make-fun of Mormons, I would have an issue with it. If it was just for the sake of people trying to figure out your costume, I'd say that's fine.
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 10:45 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• DRess as a MORMON? This is the dumbest question ever!!!
    Try again.
    I suspect you want to discuss religious prejudice and politically correct issues etc. but this is not the best way to do it. What do you think a Mormon looks like????? LOL. How silly.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:47 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I'm AGnostic and I find that insulting.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:49 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• It's funny but disrespectful
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:59 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Just what would you wear?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 11:00 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Dressed as a Mormon for Halloween? YES, it is insulting. I never knew Mormons looked a certain way. I know many Mormons and none of them look different from anyone else walking around the city.

I wonder if it would be insulting to dress as a moron who asks stupid questions?

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:01 PM on Oct. 4, 2010