what is the secret to potty training????

My son is almost 3 and I am having a hard time potty training him.

When he goes to preschool, they say he is completely trained (I'm assuming because he sees the other kids doing it). When he gets home he only wants to once in a while. What can I do to make it seem like a fun experience instead of grueling one?

sunflowers8

Asked by sunflowers8 at 8:41 PM on Jul. 2, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I throw cheerios in the toilet and make it a game. Sink the cereal. Mine like it...just make sure you keep a different box in the kitchen for snacks.
    michalrice

Answer by michalrice at 9:09 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I heard boys are little harder than girls, but i'm no expert. I have a girl. But I don't know, let him see his daddy or you go to the bathroom. Maybe it'll help. This is just off of what my grandmother has told me. She had 5 boys. She also said that she wouldn't allow her kids to drink all day long either. They have to train their body's to know when they have the erg to go.
    Anonymous

• I potty trained mine with Cherios and told him to aim and sink them. Made a fun game out of it.
    dazed713

Answer by dazed713 at 10:39 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• At school he needs to prove himself for his peers and teacher. He's forced to grow up. Home is where he can relax and be what he enjoys being the most, your baby. Don't worry, he just wants to be pampered. I made a target shooting game for my son, and he enjoyed it alot.
    daisie

Answer by daisie at 12:00 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• At preschool they have potty breaks often They make everyone go need to or not, at least try. Take him once an hour if you can see if that helps.
    bunco

Answer by bunco at 1:33 AM on Jul. 3, 2008