Have you ever quit a job just because you were bored?

I've been at my job for 13 years and usually I like it but lately I've been feeling so bored. At my age, it wouldn't be easy to find another one that pays as good and has as good benefits especially 4 weeks vacation a year!

ceallaigh

Asked by ceallaigh at 11:06 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Money & Work

• I wouldn't quit a job that I couldn't replace.
    JJones02

Answer by JJones02 at 11:09 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• No I would either suck it up or find another job I now I would like before I quit it. It's hard finding jobs right now even at a young age.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:10 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• *know
    mommy_of_two388

• no, i wish I were bored with mine...i just flat out hate it...i run like a moron from the time I get there until well after quitting time and hardly ever take a lunch break...had to take a crap today and didn't even have time...it sucks...don't quit...maybe the boredom is just a phase and it will pass.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 11:14 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I have but I was alot younger...If I were bored now days, having a family and all I would find a replacement then quit
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 11:16 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• If you are not old enough to retire and need a job.. then bored, I would say is not a good reason to quit.

It sounds like it is time for you to re-assess your priorities. If job is not #1 goal in life, the just be greatful that you job is not so consuming that it takes up all of your time/energy and pays the bills.

If you are not full-filled, then consider going back to school or taking up a new hobby. Or just enjoy your free time, you down time and your family.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 11:33 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• yes I quit a job I didn't like and was very bored with but the thing is always cover yourself first. Find something else that you feel you can live with, such as less vacation time if you want to leave bad enough. Decide what you can give up if necessary. Get something else before you just leave because jobs are hard to come by especially ones that give any real stability.
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 10:21 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• In your situation, it would be pretty stupid to quit just because you're board.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:44 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Be very careful because I've seen many articles such as these and it's not easy for find another job.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 12:08 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Is there anyway to make your job more challenging. I had a job as a receptionist once, and approached my boss to write a company newsletter. Slowly I started adding new things to my job, until I had actually created another job for myself....
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 7:13 PM on Oct. 5, 2010