What are some of the memories you have that...

you can do now with your kids, nieces, nephews?

I remember being sad when I asked my mom if I could sit in her lap and she said no. I try to return affection when my kids ask or when i see the chance!

I remember my best friend's mom telling us about heaven. She said we could look up into the clouds and see tv shows we liked LOL

txdaniella

Asked by txdaniella at 11:06 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• My Mom would drag me around clothes shopping for herself all the time. I always remember seeing toys at the Dept. Store that I wanted that she would never buy for me. It's wierd that I could actually cry about that now. So now I go a little overboard and buy my Son toys all the time. I know it sounds bad but I think I really do it for me too. I get him all the fun stuff that I didn't get.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:24 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• ok, this is probably only funny to me but what the heck, we need a little humor in here tonight. There was this, "Little House On the Prarie", marathon on Sunday. Dd has seen this show before but she watched part of the marathon while I was at work all day. So, I come home and the tv is still on, so I start watching the marathon,,,dd is showering at this point and getting ready to go to a sleep over. that I have to drive her too. She comes out and we sit on the bed together and we had this amazing Ingalls family moment...We where making cracks about Mary and Laura and Pa,,,,,,we started laughing our you know whats off and dd was late for her party. I used to cry watching this show when I was a kid. It was really fun to share it with dd and have this whole Ingalls family moment together,,,,hope that made sense. Only with your kiddo,,,you know?
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 11:12 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• not that i can DO with my kids/niece & nephews but we can tell em about it... growing up on my grandparents' ranch, we used to be there almost EVERY weekend and alot during the week too, just helping out with the animals or visiting or whatever, we can't do these things with the younger generation now because my grandpa died 6 years ago and my grandma is in a home, their ranch is vacant and empty and depressing :( /cry... the memories are very special though and my kids love hearing about stuff my sisters and I and our cousins did when we were little :)
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 11:13 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• My mom would line us up along the pig house and play dodgeball with stuff in the slop pail. Sounds really redneck when reading it lol. I guess it is. I remember having so much fun ducking balled up pancakes and potatoes, then we would swim in the pond together afterwards and I can't wait to be a fun mom with my kids.
    My mom also used to race us to the house from the barnyard after the chores were done. It was always fun even when there was work to be done :)
    Sonnyswife

Answer by Sonnyswife at 11:15 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• As a kid I dont remember being hugged or told that I was loved. My mom grew up in foster care and was abused my dads parents were divorced and he was pretty much left on his own most his lfe. So my parents had 5 kids and didnt really know how to love. My mom was a better grandma though. My brothers and I struggle w this everyday though. I love my kids but Im not that affectinate. I made it a point when I became a mom to tell them I Love them and hug them every night and when they leave( school, famlies). Its a routine for me. I do love them But I had to litterly train myself to show it. To this day I will set reminders to take time to spend w them. Its just not naturally easy for me cause the way I grew up. But I have many special moments w my kids. They have great imaginations because I tell them stories all the time. We Love the holidays and get very invovled in them. And I never turn them away when they want attention!
    mymestey

Answer by mymestey at 11:26 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I remember once a long time ago that I trying to play with my mom when she was trying to put me down for the night; I think I was 8. She asked me if I wanted hugs and kisses and I said no (smiling) and pulled my blanket over my head. Seconds later, I removed the blanket (still smiling) hoping for hugs and kisses. She was gone. (Not smiling anymore.) I think I cried myself to sleep.

Now, even though my daughter may say no to hugs and kisses, no matter how mad I am at her, I make sure she gets hugs and kisses before bed EVERY night.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 10:11 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I always talk to my son and daughter about the silly things they did as young children. My son likes to tease me about how I use to throw shoes at him whenever he was not close enough for me to get. Never tried to hurt him and he knows it was just a way for me to reach him. He always says "I remember those payless boomerangs" He also enjoys the stories of how proper he was inn public. My daughter just loves hearing any stories from the past about how protective of her her brother was and how he never wanted anyone near his baby sit-ter.
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 11:02 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• of being the only child, that's why i think i had 5 children. it's nothing like living in the same house with siblings.
    i had cousins but it is not the same. so i always tell my kids how lonely i was and they always say that had to be great to be the only child and we laugh about it
    Inheritingkids

Answer by Inheritingkids at 12:21 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• This is gonna be tough finding a best answer. these are all wonderfully heartfelt. I think it's gonna be an eenie meenie miney moe thing.
    txdaniella

Comment by txdaniella (original poster) at 12:27 AM on Oct. 6, 2010