For those who have had the Stretch and sweep - suprise your dilated... THIS much!

For those who have had the Stretch and sweep.
I know Dr.s only do it if you are already dilated. But have you ever been told that you were more then 2 centameters without knowing it?
If so, how far were you? And how long after getting it done did you actually go into labour?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I went into labor within a week after a "rough exam" (I wasn't dilated enough to have them strip my membranes).
    I've known women to walk around dilated to 4cm for weeks before delivering. How dilated you are doesn't really mean anything.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:50 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I was 4 cm dialated, I didn't go into labor either. I was 36 weeks along though, I had to be induced due to medical reasons.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 8:04 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Being dilated does not actually mean anything because i was 4 cm dilated for 2 weeks then on my third week i got checked again & wasn't dilated at all!
    aangelmommie03

Answer by aangelmommie03 at 12:00 PM on Oct. 5, 2010