This gets asked a lot, but what relationship "self help" books would you recommend to someone?

I've asked this before, and got one or two good suggestions, but I get asked about these a lot and I can only think of one or two (Love Dare and Relationship Rescue).

What helped you or your SO?

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 11:33 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• Personally, The 5 Love Languages has been great, as well as The Act of Marriage.

Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 12:49 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I wouldn't recommended any. What makes them an expert at relationships? We have the 5 languages of love but so far it hasn't done crap. We get along better when we don't follow the books advise
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:46 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• NONE. How can someone else tell you how to fix your relationship when they know nothing about you? Everyone is different but mostly only you know what is and isn't best for you. You have to follow your instincts and do what you feel will make you happy
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 12:13 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Because I am who I am....I would say my 2 fav. books for that would be any recipe book!, cooking always gets me in a mood..giggles...and then of course the Bible, seems I can always find something to make things look and seem better...all my answers can be found in there for anything I am needing to know...hugs!
    kids_r_gr8

Answer by kids_r_gr8 at 12:31 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• my recommendation is to either get counseling so you can get some objective help and both are participating or work on yourself...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 1:20 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Don't Sweat the Small Stuff...and it's all small stuff!
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 2:24 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Sheet Music by Kevin Leaman
    L.A.F.outloud

Answer by L.A.F.outloud at 5:36 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• There is no real book, in my opinion. You want to know the real key to any successful relationship? (And this goes for friendships, professional relationships, etc.) COMMUNICATION and HONESTY. These two factors have kept my husband and I from ever fighting or arguing. Sure, we disagree on some things, but we talk about it like mature adults instead of lashing out and screaming at each other.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 10:08 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• i agree with tam i believe it's all about your own experience
    i don't even believe in marriage counselors, we had to see one for 6 months before we got married but the stuff they were telling us was to me common sense.
    Inheritingkids

Answer by Inheritingkids at 12:16 PM on Oct. 5, 2010