"Sister Wives" I wonder if the polygamist relationship could effect the custody of Robyn's children.

She is taking her childen into an illegal situation. I would worry that her ex or the state could say that the living conditions or that she is "fit". This is a concern I wonder if she has considered.

tootoobusy

Asked by tootoobusy at 11:36 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Entertainment

• The news says they're investigating it but polygamy is never really prosecuted in cases where there is no abuse or fraud or any other crimes being commited. they just use polygamy as a charge "enhancer" on top of other crimes. It's going to be interesting if they actually prosecute because it's such a high profile case and everyone is looking at it now. As for Robyn's kids, I guess they could be taken away if the ex husband was interested in trying to, but I wonder if he even is. Some men would not take on kids by themselves unless they had a new wife. The whole show is like sickening because how can they say they're people of god when he just seems like a perv who wants to sleep with 4 different women...
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 11:50 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• They have news coverage of that since it's taking place here in Utah. It doesn't look good on her part and the father of the kids have a higher chance of getting the kids since polygamy is illegal. The state is investigating and speaking with all 13 kids to make sure there is no abuse going on.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:37 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I thought that her ex was also in the same lifestyle?
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:40 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I guess in away because the children looks at what the parents do and they are going to mock what he parents.
    MrzWil_1

Answer by MrzWil_1 at 11:41 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Maybe he got out of it? I don't know, the news never covers the whole story. Just covers what they want people to hear.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:43 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I have no idea. When they put that crap on I mute it. You get different stories no matter what news station you tune it to. I thought I heard he didn't practice it but I couldnt be wrong
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:51 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• *could
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:54 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• looking fro a legal stand point she could easily lose them cause her life isnt legal that shes living atm
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 2:38 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• She grew up in a polygamist society.. she was in a family with that.. She even said on the show this last Sunday that her and her first husband did believe in the polygamist ways but did not ever choose any other wives to come in so after a bit.. they divorced..

Obviously he knows she would try for that.. but who knows on what he will do
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 3:57 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I thought they said that she grew up in a polygamist society, but that she and her ex did not practise it.
    tootoobusy

Comment by tootoobusy (original poster) at 11:45 PM on Oct. 4, 2010