Christmas

What are you buying your children for Christmas? I need ideas for my 2 yr old. I got him a lego table, but not sure what else to get him. He has a million cars/trucks already (he got an art easel for his birthday).

mag12305cmg

Asked by mag12305cmg at 11:41 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Holidays

• I have no idea. I haven't thought that far ahead. My kids plenty of toys as it is.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:44 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I'm lucky in that my kids are young enough (1 and 3) to be excited about almost everything. Since money is tight this year, I'm going to use the opportunity to buy them things they need - like pajamas, shoes, etc - and things that will make my life easier - like cute storage bins and stuff to help organize their room! It's amazing how you buy a toddler anything with a cartoon character on it and they'll be thrilled. ;-)
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 11:44 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• the cartoon character thing doesn't work with my son..he doesn't even know what cartoons are..he doesn't watch tv..he has no interest in sitting there for even 5 minutes.
    mag12305cmg

Comment by mag12305cmg (original poster) at 11:51 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• How about a train table/set? wagon, table and chairs, kiddie scooter, little bike, basketball set(playskool or little tykes has a good one ) Wooden blocks, puzzles, playdoh, Little people sets are great for that age.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 11:58 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• since we are doing the lego table I dont want to do a train table as well..we dont have enough room for both..thankfully the lego table actually doubles as a regular table as well with a little top you put on it. He has a wagon. He has puzzles and he will eat playdoh (lol). I might do a basket ball or soccer set, but with it being winter Im not sure how much use it would get (that might be something better for his birthday since he is a summer baby). He has tons of little people, lol.....thats why Im stuck, lol.
    mag12305cmg

Comment by mag12305cmg (original poster) at 12:04 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• When my boys were that young they got bath toys, books (the board books), coloring books and crayons (the Crayola color wonder items are great!), and they got a basketball goal that they used inside when it was too cold out. It was just the portable fisher price grow to pro or something like that, but they LOVED it.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:30 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• My son will only be 16m at Xmas & just had his bday party so I think I will be going small for xmas. A custom ornament and a deposit into his bank account.
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 12:55 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• i get books for the family for the kids books and bubble bath
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 1:06 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Last year (DS was almost 2), we got him a "bike" to ride around in the house on - he loved it.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:00 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I think I'm going to get my daughter that hide and seek puppy from walmart and probably some other small toys and my son is just going to get rattles and stuff because he wont be very old :)
    Becca1189

Answer by Becca1189 at 10:50 AM on Oct. 5, 2010