Where did his sex drive go?

I'm currently about 5 months pregnant and my SO doesn't ever want to have sex anymore. When I ask him about it, he says he doesn't know why. He still looks at porn on the computer and masterbates frequently. For some reason, he just doesn't want to have sex anymore. He is not cheating. It almost seems like he just masterbates because it's easier. Honestly, I don't really feel the need to have sex right now. I just think about it a lot because he doesn't want to. Anyone else go through this during pregnancy? And did it get better after?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:50 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• Yeah I went through that. I didn't want to be touched with both my pregnancies. It does get better.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:52 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• One of my friends' husband just couldn't have sex with her while she was pregnant because I said it made him feel like a perve that his penis would be with 4 inches of a child. Maybe he has something like this in the back of his mind but can't quite figure it out. I wouldn't take it personally, it's probably just his own hang up.
    Sonnyswife

Answer by Sonnyswife at 11:54 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• So& I stopped having sex at about 4 months into my pg, i hated it because i was the one who wanted it, he said he was scared to smash the baby, sd didnt want to hurt him ,things didnt get better because i gainedso much weight & it hurt like hell if we did try , but after we had him things went back to normal.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 12:12 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• We didn't have that problem but I know of other couples who go thru it. I gather it gets better after the baby is born.
    L.A.F.outloud

Answer by L.A.F.outloud at 5:35 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• He still has a sex drive but not with you. I'd be upset that he chooses to masturbate over having sex with me. Seems a little backwards. Porn is addictive.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:39 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• He may not feel comfortable having sex with you while you're pregnant because he doesn't want to hurt you or your baby. Try bringing that up to him and see if that's why he doesn't want sex. A lot of friends of mine have run into this and not wanting to hurt or cause pain has been the reason why their SO didn't want sex.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 10:06 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• i did 10 years ago and it was because my daughters father didn't want to hurt her while having sex
    Inheritingkids

Answer by Inheritingkids at 12:11 PM on Oct. 5, 2010