does it make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside?

Does changing the name of high fructose corn syrup to "corn sugar" make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside? Does it make you less cautious to feed it to you child?

art.diva

Asked by art.diva at 12:07 AM on Oct. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• Nope. If anything I'm more outraged that they're attempting to make it all 'warm and fuzzy' feeling. I have been warning everyone I know that HFCS will now be called "corn sugar".

And my outrage really isn't about how it's made or any of that, it's because of all those commercials about "it's fine in moderation" - well how the heck are you suppose to consume it "in moderation" when it is in just about EVERYTHING!?! Of course I am also upset about all the other lies about it but the 'in moderation' really pushed me over the edge.
    Cenchan

Answer by Cenchan at 12:26 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• NO! LOL.
    I read about that and there wll be no "corn sugar" in anything I buy, They will be able to fool millions of people tho. In fact,they already have people fooled. Its obvious when we see the hugely obese families trekking around town and at the Mall. It is just sad,isn't it?
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:14 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Everything in moderation...HFCS isn't your enemy.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 12:27 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• WEll...check your labels.For instance, canned tomato sauce has it. Bread has high fructose corn syrup. EVen ice cream doese. Unless you bake your bread and make your own sauces, salad dressings, cereal,etc. there might be High Fructose corn syrup...or Corn Sugar in all of it.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:28 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• as long as u eat processes foods u cant get mad about high fructose corn syrup cause it isnt half as bad as what you eat normally trust me.. we are slowly being poisoned by food company's
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 2:28 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• i couldnt care less! I can stop eating becaus of corn sugar! This food fad is really annoying!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:01 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I agree 100% fallaya! EVERYTHING in life, in moderation!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:27 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I avoid anything high in any kind of sugar for my child, "corn" or otherwise.
    sirshay

Answer by sirshay at 12:13 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• we can't eat much processed foods because of my son's food allergies so it isn't an issue for us. everything we make is from scratch
    KaraMia15

Answer by KaraMia15 at 12:16 AM on Oct. 5, 2010