Do you have pre judgements on people based on where they live?

Be honest. :)

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 12:18 AM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Nope, but I may make silly jokes based on where someone lives. It's only fair. I get enough about being a potato farmer. :P
    Cenchan

Answer by Cenchan at 12:20 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• no, the side of town where i live is not the greatest but im only here for a while so we can be able to save money.We have 2 months on our lease, i cant wait!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Yes, you have to filter the world somehow. However I am perfectly willing to be proven wrong.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 12:22 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Yes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• LMAO, so you must have lots of ideas of my family living in a 4 bedroom manufactured home.
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 12:26 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Absolutely not! We lived in a little, dingy townhome in a shady area last year. We did this to save money because we were planning on building(which we did) a big house in a nice neighborhood. I know my son's friends parents judged us-thought we were as poor as a mouse. Some of them insisted that our kid go to their house instead of hanging out at ours. He is still friends with these kids and now they are allowed to come and play at our house hahahaha! I bet they all believe we got a big inheritence of some sort. Nope we just lived well below our means so we could save for our dream.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 12:34 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• It's not the house I thought of when you said where they live.....it was the part of town or neighborhood. I love those manufactured homes! I would take a 4 bedroom one of those over my 2 bedroom 100 year old house anyday! But if you put that home in "the hood" somewhere, then yes, it would give me pause.
    Indyk

Answer by Indyk at 12:59 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Yes. Anyone who says no lies.
    If someone said I live in Section 8 (govt housing) you think POOR.
    someone says trailor park- you think trailor trash hillbilly...
    It is what it is.. People will always judge!
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 1:02 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Really? pincicle, I really think you should just speak for yourself. Not everyone thinks like you. There are mobile home parks all over the state, and the the people that live there are far from hilbilliy. I make good money, so does my husband. I can afford where I live and have money to put away for our dream home one of these days. When someone tells me they live in a mobile home park I don't think any less of them. Sometimes it gets people by until they get where they are going.
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 1:08 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• The truth is sadly in this statement.

Yes. Anyone who says no lies.

tracylyn245

Answer by tracylyn245 at 1:18 AM on Oct. 5, 2010