i know i have to be a mom

wat can i do to have me time i mean im the only one that takes care of the bby wat if i wanna go to a rave would that make me be a bad mom i mean i dont do drugs i just like shuffling

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• if you want to do that.. you need to find a babysitter.. other than that.. moms don't really have any 'free time' unless someone butts in and say i'll watch the kids for you [and you reallly trust him/her]
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 12:30 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• No it does not make you a bad mom, hubby n i had me time this weekend n i got drunk off my a$$, we didnt come home till like 4in the morning, all i remember was him walking me upstairs n i woke up in the morning w/the same clothes i had worn, it was funny because my boys were the ones who woke me up, they were just staring at me saying hi mom, hi mom!
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 12:30 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• & trust me its healthy for you, its okay to go out but like kittenripmaygo sd u need to first find a sitter, gl mamma!
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 12:32 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• it doesnt make u a bad mom to go out sometimes, just make sure u get a sitter you trust.
    VERONICAS_MOM

Answer by VERONICAS_MOM at 12:34 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• When you become a mom, "free time" is the time from when the kids go to bed until the time they wake up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Its okay to have me time when your baby is with a trusting person. I maybe wrong about this but my impression is your a young mom. Id steer clear of any illegal outings no matter your age. Raves tend to have drugs and when they get busted cops will arrest anyone they catch.You have to protect youself so you can take care of your baby. And dnt let a little taste of freedom steer you off your path. Ive known so many young moms who get cought up in the life they would have had w out having a baby that it becomes a habit to go out all the time. Not saying you would I just feel the need to let you know. And Im sorry if Im wrong about your age. And I was a teen mom so Im not saying age is an issue or reason for anything. But due try and make use of the time that your child is asleep. Start a hobby or watch a good movie have a friend over. So your not always waiting for the times you due get a sitter.
    mymestey

Answer by mymestey at 1:06 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• mom's are allowed to have free time! Get a baby sitter, don't do anything stupid like do drugs or drive drunk, go home & cuddle your baby.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 1:26 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• You need to also remember that no matter if you have a trusted sitter, you are still a momma at that end of the day. You need to be able to go home if the sitter calls. I don't care i feel that once you become a momma you are a momma from that day forward. Don't get yourself in situations that may cause your child to loss you(momma) you made a choice when you made the choice to have a baby to be an adult and live your life as an adult no matter what age you are. Going out with some friends is all great but you need to remember that if your cell rings and you need to leave that is your job as a parent to leave and take care of your child.
    Go have fun and live your life but just remember that your child is #1 no matter who or what your doing.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:36 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• It makes you a cool mom!

Answer by older at 9:37 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I agree raemommy. While I've done a lot things that may make me sound hypicritical, I do believe you are mom from day 1. I also agree its important to go out with friends (its important to have the emotional bond with friends and an outlet to let out your stress and frustration). I think going out for an evening with the girls is acceptable whether its just dinner and movie, or drinks and dancing, and even a Rave. As long as you aren't doing anything you're children would be ashamed of, as long as you are prepared to go home at a moments notice if its necessary. I think being good mom requires not only sacrifices for our children, but also taking care of ourselves and that means the outlet to be ourselves once in a while. Our first role is always mom and shoulc be, sometimes that takes away from our identity of self, you need to stay in tune with your wants, needs and desires for personal growth and not loose yourself.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 11:55 AM on Oct. 5, 2010