implantation?

Well Im about 5 DPO today, but tonight I was at school and sitting in my class I started to get the most uncomfortable menstral type cramps, I almost thought I was going to have to get up and leave the room... then about half an hour or so later they just stopped... Could that be implantation type cramps? Im wondering if maybe I ovulated sooner than I thought (I didn;t use an OPK, I just went from my last period and my CM... but looking back on the notes I've been taking I had light cramping on my left side 2 days before the day I thought I ovulated... ) I've also been feeling a wee bit bloated tonight as well as exhausted... like ready for bed at 7pm...

I dont remember having any implantation cramps with my son, so I dont know if thats really even what they feel like!?!? Is it possible though do you think? I promised myself I wouldnt read into things this month but I just cant help it dangit!

23wkrmommy

Asked by 23wkrmommy at 12:36 AM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I have heard of women experiencing implantation cramps, although I have never experienced them myself. So anything is possible. I don't think they are supposed to be quite as intense as you have described though. You could also be ovulating later than normal, since that is also known to cause cramps. In rare instances, a woman may even ovulate twice in one month (hence, non identical twins) Or sometimes random cramps just happen and have nothing to do with ovulation, pregnancy, or anything of the like. Could intestinal gas (which apparently occurs for different reasons than the gas pains you experience towards the top of your stomach), muscle spasms...etc... I know it's not what you want to hear...I was you once. LOL. But you really just have to wait and see. Lots of baby dust to you! Here's hoping it's implantation and for a happy and healthy pregnancy! GL!
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 1:35 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• It's possible - I didn't get them, but every woman is different - the best thing to do is keep your stress level down - I remember one of the implantation I got a bad phone call and felt it so hard - turned out I miscarried just from the stress. So keep happy thoughts!
    Maureenmich

Answer by Maureenmich at 4:19 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Let us know when you do the p testing.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:45 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• thanks ladies, I will def let you know when I test, probably not till the 14th... it might kill me to wait that long!
    23wkrmommy

Comment by 23wkrmommy (original poster) at 9:53 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• yep... looks like that's what it was!!
    23wkrmommy

Comment by 23wkrmommy (original poster) at 11:10 PM on Oct. 17, 2010