IF you have fibromyalgia how do you control your PAIN?

I was told I have fibromyalgia, and somedays the pain is so bad! and the meds they seem to give me, seem like they NEVER work!, Im so tired of being sore all the time...

kids_r_gr8

Asked by kids_r_gr8 at 12:37 AM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Health

• How does a Dr diagnose you w/that , i have heard of it& at times i thought i had it, idk the only differnce is that my pain isnt as painfull to to make me cry or anything, i can tollerate it enough to get around, ive had this pain for like 6yrs though,
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 12:40 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• My grandma and mom have it so I'm just waiting for it to hit me. My mom has added extra virgin coconut oil to her diet and that seems to be helping her (as well as a mix of ground flax seed, flax seed oil in plain yogurt every morning). I know my grandma used to eat crystalized ginger, but I don't know if that was just as a treat or if it actually helped with the pain. Anyway, if you want to read up some about EVCO my dad has gathered information on what good coconut oil can do (I will note: he does sell it, but I am not providing the link to try to get you to buy it from him, he just has some more information about it) here.

Cenchan

Answer by Cenchan at 12:51 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• cannabis- I consume it many different ways.. I was taking a whole load of pills- but I was loaded and still symptomatic.. I have better pain control, am exercising, and even others have commented that I seem to feel better- I look better!
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 1:00 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• BTW- I live in CA, have a medical card and belong to a dispensary.
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 1:01 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I have had fibro for 14 yrs now and it is eating away at my life. First I was on hydrocodone and of course, that became ineffective. Then they put me on percocet and that became ineffective also. My dr's want to put me on a morphine pump but I am leery of it. I usually wait to change the dose or med until I can't stand the pain anymore. I hate taking them at all but without them I am in so much pain I literally curl up into a ball and cannot move. I also have osteo and rheumatoid arthritis from injuries from my car accident when all this started so I deal with a lot of pain! It's miserable!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 1:06 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Babylove76 I have had fibro for 14 yrs now and it is eating away at my life. First I was on hydrocodone and of course, that became ineffective. Then they put me on percocet and that became ineffective also. My dr's want to put me on a morphine pump but I am leery of it. I usually wait to change the dose or med until I can't stand the pain anymore. I hate taking them at all but without them I am in so much pain I literally curl up into a ball and cannot move. I also have osteo and rheumatoid arthritis from injuries from my car accident when all this started so I deal with a lot of pain! It's miserable!

U just worte everything I have and am going though! I can not take the Morphine it makes me itch, they put me now on methandone it i feel pain still no changes!, I have been on topalmax,flexarail, also, and still it works at first then no help at all! I do use heat and ice which helps but I cant be i bed all the time either!
    kids_r_gr8

Comment by kids_r_gr8 (original poster) at 1:13 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• The dr. did blood work and then sent me to a R and O dr. so they could see if I had arthrist, and that was the problem, then the dr. there cofirmed that I dont have osteo and rheumatoid arthritis, Thank GOD but that I do have the Firbro. I cant explain the pain this has caused to my body let alone my everyday living....uggg!!!
    kids_r_gr8

Comment by kids_r_gr8 (original poster) at 1:16 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I "had" this --so at any early right away age, as fast as possible, I lifted 3 1/2 lb dumb-bell weight, put ankle weights on , and walked and had the pain from the walking which felt like a tremendous jump-up step as it was the oxygenated blood I needed to fuel the muscles contractions, which I didn't have. My regimen is changed now, I hardly lift weights ever, no bar-bells, ....NOW I lift water gallon jugs, ( milk jugs, filled with water) So I will put them all full, or half full.
    I stretch usually really well once per month. Then I walk until I feel it's done it's job.
    For the rest of the month, it's the usual stairs, or walk to the stores, parks. I also keep drinking lots of water, and eat many types of cheese, and meats, and fresh veggies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Sometimes hot baths and hot showers are a big help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Call the dr, maybe you need a stronger med. I am sowwy!
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 2:05 AM on Oct. 5, 2010