How do you heal a burn???

Scolding hot soup just fell on my finger :(((

NicolesMommy

Asked by NicolesMommy at 12:53 AM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Health

• We've had the best luck with emu oil, though I doubt you'd have that on hand. I swear up and down by that stuff. Seriously burnt my finger on the rack in the oven once, put emu oil on it and it never blistered. Eventually the skin peeled off. (That stuff rocks diaper rash too. Cures the worst cases within the day!) Otherwise: the oil from a banana peel works pretty well too.
    Cenchan

Answer by Cenchan at 1:19 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• uh silver-dine cream i think thats what its called. it works we used it on my daughter
    VERONICAS_MOM

Answer by VERONICAS_MOM at 12:57 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Cool water. Put your finger under the cool tap for 3-5 mins. If it still feels like it's burning after, keep a cup of cold water nearby to keep it cool. The sooner you cool it, the less it will hurt.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 12:58 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Aloe Vera juice from a plant or you can buy it at the store
    TALuke

Answer by TALuke at 1:13 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I would second the aloe. Also there are burn creams that take some of the sting away and help it heal.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:13 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I have burn cream from Watkins that has aloe AND lidocane in it. Works awesome!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 1:18 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• NO BUTTER! OMG OW!

The cool water until the burning stops is good then the aloe or just let it breathe.... Oily creams on a burn do not do you any good.....
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 1:41 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• My daughter recently got some serious burns on her toes after dropping hot melted frosting from the microwave (long story how that happened). It was bad enough we took her to the Dr. She said we did the right thing by putting it under cold running water until it was no longer hot. The dr said to just put Neosporin on it and to not pop the blisters. We asked about silvadene cream but the dr didn't seem to think that it was any better than Neosporin.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 2:03 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Aloe or butter......but NO ICE! It will damage the skin.
    Indyk

Answer by Indyk at 12:56 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Mustard will stop the sting. Shea butter will help it heal fast.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:38 AM on Oct. 5, 2010