air force mommy

Here it goes, Im a single mommy wanting to go to the air force. Please dont bash me mommas Im 19 w/o yet a degree and in my small town there arent many options, none is more like it. Besides my baby's dad is so mean to me I let him have bby sat. and when I go pick him up he is so dirty sat. I finally told him "you always give him back to me dirty" just to get a f.u. :( Im not a bad person really and I wasnt even rude about it. Anyways tht was a vent. Idk if the air force will give me a good pay but whaterver money I can get Ima take. I live with my mom so I will be givin her custody I know makes me seem like a bad mom, but I know my kiddie is going to be super proud of his mommy. what do yall think?

Kaidensmommy009

Asked by Kaidensmommy009 at 1:03 AM on Oct. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• you do not sound like a bad mommy you sound like a mommy that is gonna do what she needs to do to better her childs life...go for it i wish you the best...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 1:05 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Nothing wrong with that. Just have your ducks in a row from a legal standpoint should you decide to enlist. There were several women in my boot camp company who had children. A lot of them are doing what you are doing. The military is a great career. You get out of it what you put into it. I did 12 years in the navy.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:39 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• It will definitely open up more opportunities and the pay is not too bad, plus you will be given a housing allotment and medical insurance plus additonal dependant pay once you graduate bootcamp and AIT(you school) where they will train in the job you chose an in a Medic, mechanic, ect.
    lchristianson5

Answer by lchristianson5 at 2:34 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• It won't be too bad. It will be hard for you to be away from your baby -- just make sure that the dad doesn't decide to be ugly and get or fight for custody of the child.

Anyways, best of luck to you -- don't worry about people bashing you, I think it is great that you are trying to make a better life for you and your baby =]
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 3:45 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Get that asshole sperm donor to terminate his rights or you're gonna get deployed someday and he's gonna go after taking custody of your child from your mother just to spite you.

I wouldn't let him have the kid for visits if he can't even change a fucking diaper to begin with. If he doesn't even do that what else is he not doing for your baby?
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 3:55 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I think your plans are great! I would urge you to talk to a family lawyer to make sure that you have your poop in a group before hand so that your baby doesn't have to be abused by his/her dumbass dad. NOT changing a diaper on a baby is neglect and IS abuse! Document each and everytime you pick baby up and s/he is dirty. Take pictures. Take someone with you everytime to have a witness. Be careful and God bless you and that baby of yours! GL
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 7:59 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• well as a army wfe, yu can have your child with you! ou will get housing because you have a child, and ou will only need a family care plan (you mom) if you deploy! So, why give the childt o her? I know at least 50 sngle soldier moms and dads who have their kids!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:58 AM on Oct. 5, 2010