so sick of his little "joke"!!! adult content

my dh thinks it's soo funny to sit there and tell me that our kids, our youngest is 6 months, aren't his. he says stuff like "oh you better call dude," while he's on his way out the door for work. or he'll look at ds and say "yep, he definately doesn't look like me! must be dude's you had over while i was gone!" i'm so f*ckin sick of it! i tell him all the time, that i hate when he says stuff like that, and that it hurts my feelings because i'd never cheat on him anyway, so there's no possible way that our kids would be someone elses. he says he's just joking, but this "joke" comes out of his mouth almost everyday. i hate it, he knows it! i've tried to pull the same thing on him so he knows how hurtful it is, but he knows i'm not serious and it just rolls off him and he plays along with it. he did it with dd (5) and i am so tired of this game! what would you do about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• I would soooo get a paternity test. lol!

Also I would have one more talk to him about it and tell him that it hurts your feeling and if he continues you will do something to hurt his feelings. Then the next time it happens, tell him you would not have had to go elsewhere if his dick was big enough to satisfy you. Then when he throws a tantrum about it, tell him that you stooped to his level and if he continues to say such hurtful things when he knows it isn't true, then you will have to say them too. I seriously doubt that he will ever say it again if you make fun of the size of his dick. Make sure that you tell him that the way he felt after you say that is the same way you feel whenever he says it.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:08 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Sorry but there is more behind it for him to joke constantly. A lot of joking is a passive aggressive way of trying to say something you are wanting to say. Not against you, I just think he's not joking.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:43 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I would go along with it and tell him that dude was a better lay than he is... see how he likes the joke then.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 1:30 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I would have to agree with musicmom. I think that deep down he might actually believe that there's the chance the children aren't his and this is his way of trying to cope with that insecurity. The other option (and I hate to bring this up buy my husband and dad both did this) is that he may be trying to accuse you of something he has been guilty of, i.e. cheating. It may be his little subconcious coping mechanism for his guilt to constantly tell himself that its ok he cheated b/c you probably did too. Either way I think I would just start giving him the cold shoulder about it. Every time he brings it up offer to schedule a paternity test with the dr... maybe even do it once or twice just to show him you're serious and would really submit your family to that, and then do whatever you have to in order to ignore him in case he tries to press the 'joke' or tries to say something like 'i was only kidding'.
    Skipo510

Answer by Skipo510 at 1:55 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• plus what if our oldest hears him and then repeats it or believes it's true! wtf is the matter with him?!?!?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:27 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• HAHA that is exactly what I do! He gets so upset but after dealing with those comments for years I had to make a change.
    seturkey

Answer by seturkey at 1:33 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Eep. My hubby's done this too but it's usually about my 'crushes' on some movie/tv stars. I'd sit him down and give him the best stink-eye you've got and warn him to never joke about it again because your kids are old enough to go spreading it around to other people. I mean, at least with movie stars people could laugh it off (heck, my husband used to tell people his 'daddy' was Charles Bronson because that's what his mom joked about). But get that 'this is it' serious tone out and threaten with a good back hand upside the head if he ever says it anymore from there on out.
    Cenchan

Answer by Cenchan at 1:34 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• see, i've played along with it. then if he's unusually grumpy one day (hardly ever, but it does happen) he pulls out all the little false "joking" accusations and turns them on me. and if i play along that's just more ammo he'll throw on his fire! i know 95% of the time he's joking, but then there's that every once in a while he's not and i don't like it. and when he is joking, he'll drag it out for hours, not just one statement then it's done, it just keeps going and going and going, until i get pissed and storm out of the room! this whole thing is just rediculous! i've put up with this bs for 5 years and i'm done with this STUPID "joke"!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:37 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Well mine did the whole thing when the kids being bad 'they are mine,not his'. I tell him hed better believe it! And bes not forget it either. Heh heh heh that stopped Real quick.
    stepho345

Answer by stepho345 at 1:41 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• musicmom, i totally agree with you! and that's why it drives me so crazy and i find it hurtful. i've talked to him about it, but he always insists that he just does it because he knows it bothers me. but wtf ever, he knows it makes me angry and i am just sick of him saying it! other then his stupid mouth, we have a great relationship. been going strong for 7 years, and i'm not willing to give it up because he is an immature idiot.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:49 AM on Oct. 5, 2010