Weight Watchers While pregnant?

I've done weight watchers in the past, and my weight i finally got down to was 240 lbs after my second baby where i was 295 lbs. I finally started losing weight, and then realized i'm pregnant again with baby number 3 and don't want to get as big as i did with baby number 2, that just makes me sick thinking about it! I've only gained 3 lbs so far and i'm only 9 weeks along. i don't want to harm the baby, and i haven't talked to my doctor about it yet, which i plan on doing but just checking with the mommy's out there has anyone done it? How many more points do you add? Just processing this though my head at the current moment, then talking to the doctor about it. Please only post positive and i only want to know if you've tried it or if someone you know has done it. thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 AM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Weight Watchers is fantastic to use during pregnancy. Most doctors agree with using this program when you need to watch your weight during pregnancy. You aren't deprived, you get all the food groups and you can live daily life without hugs accomodations.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:49 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• even during pregnancy we need to watch our weight
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 2:03 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I don't know about weight watchers but I do know that really being pregnant only really ups your calorie requirements by about 300 calories/day for the first 2 trimesters and only as much as 500 cal/day in the third. I would say as long as you're getting all your vitamins and nutrients you & baby would probably be ok staying on your weight watchers. One thing I found that really helped me keeping off that extra pregnancy weight to is to walk for about 2 miles everyday or start taking a prenatal yoga class. Personally I thought the yoga was most helpful plus it helps minimize all those pregnancy aches.
    Skipo510

Answer by Skipo510 at 3:09 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• my dr suggested using south beach diet for me while preggo
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 6:45 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• The extra calories needed to sustain the baby are equivalent to a PB&J sandwich. Not a whole lot.You can eat normally on the weight watchers program. Baby will take what it needs from your fat stores.The only thing baby needs that your body can't provide is water so make sure you drink enough H2O. Remember the baby puts on most of it's weight in the last trimester. Even if you only gain 15 pounds through the entire pregnancy, the baby will be fine.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:37 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• weight watchers is actually safer while pregnant. Just be sure you take your vitamins, and drink plenty of water.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:32 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• yeah try it out gl
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 11:14 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I have watched what I have ate and only gained 8lbs. I'm now 24wks. I would ask your doctor about weight watchers and see if it's safe.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 11:34 PM on Oct. 5, 2010