I'm thinking of going to 24 hour fitness,have you, any complaints or good things I should know?

Since it will be my first gym membership I'm kinda afraid that maybe I might hurt myself,like doing aerobics too fast or too much.I'm not going to get a personal trainer can you still loose weight without lifting weights.I want to check out their dance class'zumba'and do swim aerobics.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:06 AM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I WEnT TO A qyM WHen I HAD My BOy ThrEE MONTHS lAtEr... WoRk OuT On UR SpArE tiMe. DoN't oVer do iT THe FiRst dAy Or you'll Be soRE THe NeXt. DriNk plEnTy oF WAtEr AnD pRoTein ShakEs Help Build MuSclE Mass. What I AlSo TriEd WAs waEriN soMethiNq OVEr My Belly liKe A BElt FoR EXcErciSin So iT CAn ShED ExCESs WAtEr Weiqht. Do a littlE of Everythinq ANd you'll eVenTuAlly You'Ll FiNd OUT SoMeThiNq NEW AbOUt Ur BOdy AnD WhAt iT CAn qEt uSeD To
    Lavender_oil3

Answer by Lavender_oil3 at 4:54 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I go to 24 Hour Fitness. I believe they still offer a free introductory session with a personal trainer to show you how to use the equipment. The only class I have taken is yoga, so I can offer an opinion on any of the other classes. You can lose weight without lifting weights, but strength training increases your metabolism and helps you burn fat. It also tones your muscles, so you look better. I recommend doing both cardio and weights along with changing your diet to lose weight.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 9:14 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• They have great classes but their equiptment tends to be older. Depends on if you're joining a gym for the classes or more for the exercise equiptment.
    SDMama77

Answer by SDMama77 at 2:23 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Yes you can still loose weight without lifting weighs....You can power walk, do the zumba classes tred mill...The good thing about the 24 hr fitness center is that you can go anytime especially if you work a 3-11 shift...
    tanya120

Answer by tanya120 at 2:50 PM on Oct. 6, 2010