Im being a total B!@#$ w/hubby, should i stop?

He did piss me off this weekend,it was about money & to top it off he doesnt help me w/the boys, he gets home from work expects his dinner to be done& watches tv, hits the shower then off to bed, the hell w/that , i made dinner today told him to wash dishes, then he tries to take a nap n leaves me my 2boys to myself who are fighting like cats n dogs, so i open the door to our room& place the one that is crying the most on the bed& slam the door, all this while giving him the silent treatment.h eknows im pissed when i dnt say a word n slam doors, i made him clean& shower the boys,then about an hr ago i had to pick up stuff from my moms , so i wake him from a deep sleep n make him take me, he knows he has been messing up by not helping me w/the boys& now he is being all nice, i just dnt know if i should stop, i feel like if he is taking me for granted& needs to be taught a lesson.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• I'm sorry you feel a grown man that you rely on in so many aspects of life needs to be taught a lesson. Teach him one... just wait so you arent doing it out of anger or frustration.
    seturkey

Answer by seturkey at 2:22 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Maybe this is just b/c I'm feeling pretty b**chy @ my man right now but I say don't let him off the hook. Sounds to me like you have a right to be pretty pissed off especially if this is something he does all the time.
    Skipo510

Answer by Skipo510 at 2:35 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I say teach him a lesson after all they are his kids too and he helps dirty the dishes too. He should know he need to help and should do it without being ask, teach away momma!
    Nicolle_09

Answer by Nicolle_09 at 2:40 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I would explain yourself to him and also let him know that he maybe out busting his ass at work but your home busting your ass with the boys and the house. So he needs to help out more and step up. You are only one person and your only human also you can only take so much, before you blow the lid.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:55 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• No, you are not wrong. You need to vent -- just make sure you do not take it to extremes. He should help you with the kids -- it shouldn't be a chore for him.. He should want to do it. They are his kids as well. I think he may just need a reality check because you seem to be very overwhelmed. Sorry that you are having to deal with this -- I hope everything goes well..
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 3:21 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• What does he do for a living? I realize that it's tough being a stay-at-home-mom and that every little bit helps, but what if his job is just as tough? I've been on BOTH sides of this. I loved it when my husband would help out a little bit but understood if he was too worn out from his job. He would do little things (baby steps) to help me out at home. There have also been times when I'm the one working and he's home with our daughter all day. When I get home, I keep her occupied while other things are being done.

But, if you think that his job isn't nearly as nerve wracking, then by all means, do what you will.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 8:19 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Have you talked to him about this situation before? From personal experience, the door-slamming anger is ineffectual without him knowing what you are pissed about. The hard part is talking to him when you aren't furious. You are NOT alone. Many of us have been through the exact same thing. It is infuriating. Don't kill him, though!! As peaceful and quiet as jail sounds to you right now, not to mention 3 squares without dishes you have to do every night, just remember....NOBODY looks good in orange. ;-)
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 8:42 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• He should be helping out! It took me awhile to get my husband where he is now but now he helps out alot with the girls. Get mad act like you might leave even if your not. If he really loves you and it sounds like he does he'll come around and when he does you'll be so relieved
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 8:46 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• He's going to get sick of being treated that way and eventually act out. He'll probably stop coming home at night and not give a crap what you say about it.
    Cut out the b.s. now and talk to him like an adult before you totally screw up your marriage.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 8:51 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Its been my experience that you get more accomplished being sweet and nice than you do b*tching about things. If he works full time, why do you expect him to come home and do your job as well? If you need help with something, ask nicely or sit down and talk to him. Don't treat him like a child, eventually it will bite you in the butt.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 9:04 AM on Oct. 5, 2010