(asap)Would you uninvite someone to your baby shower? if yes what would u tell them?

me and my babys father mom got along great. then all of a sudden she calls me today saying i need to get a lawyer becuz her son doesnt think that the kids are his. shes is really trying to stress me out and i really dont want that to ruin my day. im 28 weeks pregnant with twins.

mauricellaf

Asked by mauricellaf at 2:19 AM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• First I would tell your child's father what his mom is saying. Then as far as univiting her, I really don't think she needs a reason unless you want to give her one. If she presses you I'd simply tell her that its your day for you and your babies and you don't need her drama there making things more stressful for you.
    Skipo510

Answer by Skipo510 at 2:22 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I would just tell her that she is not welcome. Tell her that this is your baby shower and your kids will only be surrounded with love, not negative energy and certainly from some one who doesn't even want to claim them. She has no business being there.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 2:28 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I would tell her she is not welcome at my shower. Dont let her rain on your parade!
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:29 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Urgh im so nervous about telling her.
    mauricellaf

Comment by mauricellaf (original poster) at 2:33 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Bless your heart sweetie! How's your relationship with your babies daddy? He needs to stick up for you and his babies! You gotta put your foot down too though. But I do think you should try to be tactful about it. You're gonna have to deal with them for the rest of your life, they're related to your babies. It sucks, but it's true. Maybe some anointing oil and holy water would work well hehe! I would tell her that your Dr said to avoid stressful situations and you feel all this lawyer talk is un-needed stress and if she can't mind her p's and q's then she should excuse herself from your baby shower. Good luck to you sweetheart!!! Blessings on your pregnancy!
    Carrielayne

Answer by Carrielayne at 2:39 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Just don't let her stress you. I know easier said than done, but all you'll do by worrying and being nervous is make yourself sick and put more strain on your already stressed out body. Remember this has nothing to do with her. This time is about you and your babies and her telliing you that you need a lawyer is just her being a busy body. If its something you really think you need to worry about go to your county family planning office (usually someone in your county's family courts division can get you the info) and talk to them. I don't know about for you're area but in the county I live in if you're the first of the two parents to consult with them they'll even get you an advocat for free or at a reduced rate pending on your income. But otherwise I would do my best to distance myself from the woman.
    Skipo510

Answer by Skipo510 at 2:53 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Ooh wee! Well are they his??? Lol I'd ask my sis or the bff the same thing. I , personally, would have her to the shower. Your confident the babies are his. So You have nothing to worry about. And before she walks i in the door to the shower, remind her that we are all adults and should conduct ourselves as such. And the whole dr says stress too much for lawyer stuff (may be the only time you can play that card). Take it. Have a marvelous day. Let her see she doesn't phase you. Your not nervous. Breathe. Lol be strong and then after have the talk with baby daddyand tell him he needs to have. Your back because you are there to have his back.
    stepho345

Answer by stepho345 at 2:55 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• TAlk WiTh HUBBy MAyBE ShE's jUSt TRYiN 2 CAUSE U STRESs ... No BiqqiE iF u DoN't douBt AnyThiN SiMply TEll HEr THeRE iS sUCh THinq AS FaiTHFullNESS OR PATERniTY TESTs. HAVe A PEACe Full pREqNANCy No NEEd FoR DraMa iS NOt WoRTh It
    Lavender_oil3

Answer by Lavender_oil3 at 5:31 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I would tell her nicely, "since you do not believe the children are his, you are not welcomed to be a part of their lives. Starting with the shower. If you could be grown up enough to be have & act like an adult, maybe we can work things back out. But I do not need the stress that you are trying to cause. & Btw I will be telling your son about this."

Then I would talk to the babies father because she had to get this idea from somewhere......
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 7:32 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• if she does not think it is her grand baby why would she want to come?
    hadassah1582

Answer by hadassah1582 at 9:40 PM on Oct. 5, 2010