What do you think is the age when you stop kissing your kids on their mouth?

So I was listening to The Bobby Bones show this morning and the guys started talking about this and how at certain ages it becomes creepy. What age do you think you should stop kissing them on the mouth, if you even think you should.

BigfordBrat

Asked by BigfordBrat at 3:34 AM on Oct. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• i told my 2 yr old to give me a kiss and she started coming to my mouth and it creeped me out! Was it the fact that she is my child, or the cheese puffs and chocolate milk on her face, i dont know....but it was disturbing!
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 5:56 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Whenever your kid has a problem with it.
    NinjaMomma

Answer by NinjaMomma at 3:39 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I never kissed my daughter on the mouth I felt it was inappropriate
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 3:41 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I never kissed my parents in the mouth, but I lovinqly beck kiss my two year old son and anytime I ask for a kiss he knows that I'm his mommy and isin't shy but confident. As for me I never felt confident with my parents because they never tauqht me about confidence. I think it should never be creepy to kiss your children because it's showin love towards them and showinq them that you care as a parent.
    Lavender_oil3

Answer by Lavender_oil3 at 3:43 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I think it is fine for kids to hug and kiss their parents and grandparents. I remember coming in to my great-grandmother's house.. and she would kiss us on the cheek because we were older.
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 4:23 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I never kissed my kids on the mouth.
    L.A.F.outloud

Answer by L.A.F.outloud at 5:09 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• When I still lived at home with my parents I remeber finding it weird when I saw my sister and her husband kissing the kinds on their mouths. Now that I'm a mom myself, it just comes naturally. I was, however, thinking about the same question the other day. I guess when the time is ripe you'll know. And they'll let you know. That's for sure!
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 5:35 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I never kiss my kids on the mouth. I don't rem kissing my parents on the mouth either. I kiss them on their cheeks all the time. Sometimes when they wish I wouldn't lol. I think it is gross. Not for moral reasons or anything...but seriously when a kid takes a turn and their slobbery lips touch mine I get grossed out lol. I just think its yuck. Even if it is my own kid.
    v8v

Answer by v8v at 5:47 AM on Oct. 5, 2010