How many single/divorced moms out there have learned how to do things on your own out of necessity?

Today i learned how to take a car door apart completely to fix my window, because it came off track. While the window ended up not getting fixed right (which means as soon as I have time I will be back out there trying to fix it again) I learned how to take the door completely apart and put it back together correctly. What have you had to learn to do...? (I'm very proud of this accomplishment if you can't tell...lol)

BigfordBrat

Asked by BigfordBrat at 3:44 AM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Back in my single days and then during my separation/divorced time alone with my daughter, I learned how to do everything by myself and to become self-reliant. I think those were the best years of my life and made me the strong person I am today.
    I remember my ex leaving his old desk behind when he moved out and I didn't like it, but I wanted to save the 3 drawers on the side. So I borrowed a hand saw from maintenance and sawed the desk part off so I only had the set of drawers...lol. I sanded it down, refinished it, and still use them to this day - 20 years later. :)
    I learned how to do basic plumbing, basic electrical, and basic auto work without having to call experts and being charged more than I could afford. I also learned how to turn hobbies into making gifts for birthdays and Christmas and one hobby into a small business.
    I was so much better off without him!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:58 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• You should be proud! That's fantastic. My single BFF killed a few snakes this summer (copperheads)! I would have run into the house, so she really impressed me.
    toobigfrogs

Answer by toobigfrogs at 7:14 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Nice job!! I'm impressed!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:51 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Amen to that
    patsymay84

Answer by patsymay84 at 9:57 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Thank you I am proud...lol...but your bff is braver than me...I'd have been in the house too...lol
    BigfordBrat

Comment by BigfordBrat (original poster) at 7:18 AM on Oct. 5, 2010