What are the positives and the negatives that came out of the woman's movement/feminism? adult content

AngiDas

Asked by AngiDas at 4:13 AM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I personally like having my door held open for me. Some men won't because of the movement some won't because some women bitch at them saying they are not weak they can open their own door??
    I have always agreed equal work equal pay but I miss some of the charm and manners of the good old days................
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 8:43 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I think we actually have LESS choice than before, but that is just me.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:10 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I like having choices. I can have my career now. It also gave us equal pay for equal work,reproductive choices, it is now against the law to rape women and men, voting rights, maternity leave, etc. All these things are awesome.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:26 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I am a feminist...DH still opens the door for me.

I guess i'll choose one of our first successes...the right to vote.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 10:06 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Positives...my rights as a human being. Negatives, people that twist feminism so they can lie and say that it took away rights. Most of the people talking about choices and rights that feminism "took away" don't even know that those words weren't even used before feminism. There weren't many.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 10:27 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I think our children were the biggest losers. The feminist movement moved more women out of the home and into the work force...putting our kids in daycares. IMO children need a parent at home..preferably a Mom.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:42 AM on Oct. 5, 2010