opinions please, me/doc/midwwife/us tech

yay! to us all! i'm saying i'm 32 wks it just seems closer! my doc says i'm only 31! lol my due dates were dec 21 then dec 7 then i had another u/s the tech said the 4th of dec/ well i at my last u/s 2 wks ago te tech said i wasn't 29wks and 3days i was 30 wks and 3 days, which hell to me is a lot! that would put me at nov 30th. hehe so i'm choosing that to be my EDD! which it's closer and i like it better mentaly lmao! i know i'm still excepted here lol. so i guess 32 wks hehe

so what does everyone think!

we can't go by my LMP! since it was last year dec!

i miscarried nov 26th 2009 and also feb 19th 2010, so i actually haven't had a period since 2009, so it's hard to telll

so please everyone's opinion will help! thank you so much

i actually stress about this because when i think i'm 36 wks and maybe go into labor i don' t want my doc/midwife to think i'm a wk early and send me to seattle/ swedish

leanghiapii

Asked by leanghiapii at 4:30 AM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I say momma knows her body better than anyone else. i knew when my baby was ready to come.
    BigfordBrat

Answer by BigfordBrat at 4:53 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I hate it when u think u r closer, and then the stupid jerks tell u that u have longer. It sucks because everything goes by what dr says...this happenend to my sister, she was going to be induced, and we were at the hospital ready to go, and then they sent her away after 2 hours saying she had to wait 3 more days..it was so annoying!
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 5:49 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I would go with dec 4th in the middle, but if they ever tried to send you to settatle I would point out this big sifference in oppinion and ask them to triple check its nessacary
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 8:59 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• what was the earliest Ultrasound you had done? The ONLY u/s that are accurate for dating are doing during the first trimester. After that measurements will vary. I'd go with the first U/S dating you have.

Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 3:05 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• the ultrasounds are not at all good for a due date. it might help you mentally now to go with the earlier date, but then when you are 2, 3, 4 weeks past that it will suck mentally! or if someone decided to induce based on that and then your baby isn't ready and has to be in the NICU.
    i can understand about not wanting them to think you are early if you are not though. 1 thing to research is the effectiveness of the treatments they use to stop labor if you think it's too early. from what i've read, the drugs they offer aren't effective at all. so if you *might* be too early, you might want to get a steroid shot, take drugs that the recommend for a day and then see what happens from there!
    i'd go with the latest due date
    Anonymous

• ill be ready bout dec.7th or so
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 10:12 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I agree, go with the middle date.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:53 PM on Oct. 5, 2010